Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

Snugfit Advice

I know this is a dumb question, but I have always wondered how others hang their Snugfit underquilts. I mean, I need a detailed outline of how some of you set up your SF especially on a BLackBird. Mainly, do you all attach it to the ends of the hammock where the knots are on both ends, or do you attach it farther up the suspension? Seems Like I could never get it to hang tight enough unless I attach it about a foot out from the knot/lashing.
    I might be missing something, I don't know. It was easy on a normal gathered hammock and also on my Claytor, but the BB is a bit of a challenge.
    I am going to install an 18 inch long zipper to the bugnet on the my BB so I can reach out on the closed side too, and adjust my underquilt.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    thanks, I guess I should stop worrying about it and go to sleep.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Mule,
    I run the bungie through the two loops on each side of each end and clip it with a biner to the triangle.
    Once you get it right, it never needs adjustment.
    This could have been focused better, but I hope you can make it out.

He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Thanks, Swampfox. That is similar to what I do too. Mule

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Anybody got any clearer pics to show the same method as Swampfox and Mule use ?

At the moment I'm using a ridgeline under my tarp with two prusics on. I loop the inner bungee over the gathered end of my BB, which still leaves it floppy and too low at the sides. I then take the outer bungee up to the prusics on the ridge above my hammock.

Imagine this is a BB, the bungee is twisted on the pic so I've shown how it would normally look with the red line ...

What I want to do is get rid of the second ridge but still keep the Snugfit well .. snug.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Shewie,
    I don't see what's wrong with your setup but I took some more pics last weekend.
    Here is my Snugfit on a WBBB.
    I take the center bungee and the side bungees and run them both through an S-biner hooked to the triangle slides. I do the same thing on both ends.

He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I will try to explain how I hook mine up on my BB. As usual I hang the SF under the BB but I attach it about a foot out from the gathered ends of the hammock. Then, on the opposite side of the footbox on the lower right side if you are looking at the BB from above with the foot box on the lower left, I have put a tab loop about a foot from the end of the hammock. I have put another tab on the foot box side of the BB about 2 feet from the bottom end of the hammock. I then take a piece of bungee cord and connect the two loops using mini biners so that the bungee comes up over the ridgeline. This is working pretty well. However, in the winter this sometimes pulls the SF down so that my left shoulder sometimes gets cold, so I unzip the BB's mosquito net and pull the SG up a bit so my shoulder stays in it. I have a tabbed loop there too, and I connect another piece of bungee to the SF at about my shoulder or a bit lower toward my left elbow and then bring it inside the zipper and using a large knot in the bungee, like a figure 9, I trap the end of the bungee in the BB by zipping the bb's bugnet up on both sides on the bungee. This way, if I have to get out the bungee falls out when I unzip the bug net. Hope this helps.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    Shewie,
    I don't see what's wrong with your setup but I took some more pics last weekend.
    Here is my Snugfit on a WBBB.
    I take the center bungee and the side bungees and run them both through an S-biner hooked to the triangle slides. I do the same thing on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    I will try to explain how I hook mine up on my BB. As usual I hang the SF under the BB but I attach it about a foot out from the gathered ends of the hammock. Then, on the opposite side of the footbox on the lower right side if you are looking at the BB from above with the foot box on the lower left, I have put a tab loop about a foot from the end of the hammock. I have put another tab on the foot box side of the BB about 2 feet from the bottom end of the hammock. I then take a piece of bungee cord and connect the two loops using mini biners so that the bungee comes up over the ridgeline. This is working pretty well. However, in the winter this sometimes pulls the SF down so that my left shoulder sometimes gets cold, so I unzip the BB's mosquito net and pull the SG up a bit so my shoulder stays in it. I have a tabbed loop there too, and I connect another piece of bungee to the SF at about my shoulder or a bit lower toward my left elbow and then bring it inside the zipper and using a large knot in the bungee, like a figure 9, I trap the end of the bungee in the BB by zipping the bb's bugnet up on both sides on the bungee. This way, if I have to get out the bungee falls out when I unzip the bug net. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going to have another play later on a get rid of that second ridgeline. It looks like I can get some decent tension just by moving the shockcord back a loop.

I'll post some pics later

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Well that's got rid of the second ridgeline

I tied the shockcord to the second loop instead of the end ones, then put a couple of knots in the SC and just hooked it over the end of my BB.

(excuse the mess in my bat cave )

I'm not too sure about the sag on the last loop but I'll look at that later.

I've also wombled some small velcro straps to just put a wrap around the end of the hammock, that should stop the SC from coming loose if I accidentally knock or snag the UQ. Not sure if it's a good idea or not but they were just lying there so I thought I'd give them ago.

• + New Posts