Blackbird 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Edge in Spinn
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Clove Hitch

Anyone Going to Petit Lemans?

Last year I went to Petit Lemans (here in Georgia) I a few hammockers out there in eno's. I decided this year I would also hang instead of tent and had a few questions. First, would you take out your blackbird to this event being 4 days/nights long with up to 100,000 people on the day of the main event and have to hang at night and pack the hammock up in the truck every morning, or would you just bring out the skeeter beeter and leave it out all day (or pack it up like the BB)?
    "Lets Start Today"

Hammock
    BMBH/WBBB 1.7db
    Tarp
    11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    MtWash3/Sierra Sni
    Suspension
    w.s./straps/marlin
    Hey Gakayaker, I'll be heading up on the 29th from N. Fla. I'm still looking for a house to rent for the 4 days. I'll be hanging my JRB BMBH on race day, if I can find any trees no one has taken.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Edge in Spinn
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Clove Hitch
    cool, nice to see other hammockers out there. I will be out there thursday-sunday and I think I am going to take my skeeter beeter. I plan to hang in between turn 4 and turn 5 on a steep hill side. This way I can poke my head out of the hammock in the morning and see all the way down the esses.
    "Lets Start Today"

Hammock
    BMBH/WBBB 1.7db
    Tarp
    11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    MtWash3/Sierra Sni
    Suspension
    w.s./straps/marlin
    That sounds like a perfect spot, its a great part of the track. I'll be in the corvette corral, Fri & Sat. Not sure if I'll get a spot open to hang inside the corral, if I do I'll be hanging a BMBH. The wife and I tend to walk around the track after the first few hrs., visit the vendors on our way to turn #1, and this time we'll have a baby in tow. I'll be looking for your hang spot between 4 and 5.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Edge in Spinn
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Clove Hitch
    Cool man I will keep an eye out for you there.
    "Lets Start Today"

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Edge in Spinn
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Clove Hitch
    Just wanted to do a small trip report on the Petit LeMans. It was awesome. It was pretty much my first year(last year I went and it got rained out). Anyone who has even a slight interest in cars should come out there to see it next year. Real friendly party-going people that travel from all over the country to hang out with new friends, and watch car racing and several other events that happen. I actually met far more people that weren't from Georgia. Lots of people camping there from Wednesday all the way until Sunday. Also a couple of hangers out there. I got a sweet spot to where I could see a lot of the track right from my hammock. I met a lot of people that I exchanged numbers with and look forward to seeing them at future Petit LeMans events. Even if you aren't all that interested in cars or racing you should consider coming out if you like camping and meeting new people.

Also,
    Is anyone going to 12 Hours of Sebring?
    "Lets Start Today"

• + New Posts