Gnome 1.5sl, WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies

alky stove

I just got a gram wienie pro and love it. Small, durable and needs no pot stand. Depending on the pot you intend on using, it may be the perfect place to start. If Papasmurf can't help you out with his spare I bought two so I can send you one to field test. Just let me know...Bush

GOOGLE the Heineken penny stove. it works good and fun to make. original Heineken only

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Allright... I think, due to the graciousness of the members here, my stove needs have been met.
    If you don't get what you want let me know have all kinds, I use knottys fancy feast will send one if you need it.

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Whatcha got lying around? Im so indecisive

I was ditching the Jetboil because I already have a small pot..... So I was just going to get a canister stove.... But figured... why not try an alky stove??
    If you sell that Jetboil, give me a heads up. I'm looking for something for my Fiance's bag.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Opie,
    This is like asking a bunch of gardeners if anybody has a spare zuchini.

Hammock
    My DIY
    Tarp
    the stars
    Insulation
    Modded mummy
    Suspension
    whoopie/hugs
    After going through about a million permutations and tweeks, not to mention several cans of denatured alcohol, I have found this to be the most efficient setup. The cat stove is JB Weld-ed to a tuna can (holes for reducing weight). The windscreen is 3" tall. It will bring 2 cups of cold (out of the fridge filter) water to a rolling boil in 6 minutes on about 1/2-2/3 oz of fuel. Stove, windscreen, bowl, lighter, bandanna, and 3 oz of fuel fit inside my MSR Ti-Kettle.

I found the pop can stoves more trouble to make than they were worth to me, and too difficult to repair/replace on the trail.

Stove weighs .5 oz. and is practically free!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kaminari; 09-22-2010 at 16:55. Reason: need to add something:

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BushMedic View Post
    I just got a gram wienie pro and love it. Small, durable and needs no pot stand. Depending on the pot you intend on using, it may be the perfect place to start. If Papasmurf can't help you out with his spare I bought two so I can send you one to field test. Just let me know...Bush
    I think Ive got my bases covered. But like anything, Im sure itll become an obsession!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
    GOOGLE the Heineken penny stove. it works good and fun to make. original Heineken only
    I looked at the penny stove. Nice design.

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    If you don't get what you want let me know have all kinds, I use knottys fancy feast will send one if you need it.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
    If you sell that Jetboil, give me a heads up. I'm looking for something for my Fiance's bag.
    I never actually bought one. I changed direction and then changed direction again.

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Opie,
    This is like asking a bunch of gardeners if anybody has a spare zuchini.
    Yes... I kept looking for one at a retailer.... then I thought, "I bet someone on HF has one they would be willing to part with.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaminari View Post
    After going through about a million permutations and tweeks, not to mention several cans of denatured alcohol, I have found this to be the most efficient setup. The cat stove is JB Weld-ed to a tuna can (holes for reducing weight). The windscreen is 3" tall. It will bring 2 cups of cold (out of the fridge filter) water to a rolling boil in 6 minutes on about 1/2-2/3 oz of fuel. Stove, windscreen, bowl, lighter, bandanna, and 3 oz of fuel fit inside my MSR Ti-Kettle.

I found the pop can stoves more trouble to make than they were worth to me, and too difficult to repair/replace on the trail.

Stove weighs .5 oz. and is practically free!
    Looks good.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Let's move discussions about stoves not related to the OP's WTB to the Camp Kitchen forum. That's the place to have longer discussions about the pros and cons of particular stoves.

Thank you!

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12