Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

The check is in the mail...no really. WBBB it is.

Well I just ordered the WBBB Double Layer 1.7oz standard configuration with the adjustable strap system. Why the 1.7 double layer? Because if I want to pack light I could begin by droping 50+ pounds from my hog body to get closer to 200 lbs and I will hang on my motorcycle trips. What's a few grams conpared to that? So now one step closer to being an actual hanger. What a ride it was to sort out the choices...went from HH to Clark and finally the WBBB. It was the price of the double layer that first caught my attention and then the research proved the WB to be superior in more ways than price alone. Aaaand it is American made by a mom and pop type operation.

After I sort out the hammock the tarp and insulation research will begin. I'm thinking that the double layer will make for a good system to layer foam and UQ. I will attempt to pennytech it as much as I can and that means do it yourself projects. Should prove to be much fun. So anyhow, gone from researcher to orderer...two weeks + or - a few days...IhopeIhopeIhope.
    Last edited by Law Dawg (ret); 09-25-2010 at 20:55.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    congrats on your new bird!
    wbbb - best purchase of 2010.

try not to suplex the mailman when he's approaching with that mythical red, white and blue mailer from kbwaddy!!!
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Well I just ordered the WBBB Double Layer 1.7oz standard configuration with the adjustable strap system. Why the 1.7 double layer? Because if I want to pack light I could begin by droping 50+ pounds from my hog body to get closer to 200 lbs and I will hang from my motorcycle trips. What's a few grams conpared to that? So now one step closer to being an actual hanger. What a ride it was to sort out the choices...went from HH to Clark and finally the WBBB. It was the price of the double layer that first caught my attention and then the research proved the WB to be superior in more ways than price alone. Aaaand it is American made by a mom and pop type operation.

After I sort out the hammock the tarp and insulation research will begin. I'm thinking that the double layer will make for a good system to layer foam and UQ. I will attempt to pennytech it as much as I can and that means do it yourself projects. Should prove to be much fun. So anyhow, gone from researcher to orderer...two weeks + or - a few days...IhopeIhopeIhope.
    You'll be extremely happy with it! I used mine with pads for awhile, you'll be surprised how low you can get with them. A good DIY project would be to make a pad extender to help cover your shoulders. As far as tarps go, how much coverage do you need? That will narrow it down alot!
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by optimator View Post
    You'll be extremely happy with it! I used mine with pads for awhile, you'll be surprised how low you can get with them. A good DIY project would be to make a pad extender to help cover your shoulders. As far as tarps go, how much coverage do you need? That will narrow it down alot!
    I need to get it in hand to do a visual for pads sizes and extenders (Reflectex too). Eventually there will be an actual UQ and BBO or clone. Tarp...warning grams/oz heresy to follow...will probably be a Kelty Noah's 12x12. I will not be packing this on my back so a few extra ounces really do not matter (shocker I know).

Hammock
    WB BB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing and biners
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Well I just ordered the WBBB Double Layer 1.7oz standard configuration with the adjustable strap system. Why the 1.7 double layer? Because if I want to pack light I could begin by droping 50+ pounds from my hog body to get closer to 200 lbs and I will hang on my motorcycle trips. What's a few grams conpared to that? So now one step closer to being an actual hanger. What a ride it was to sort out the choices...went from HH to Clark and finally the WBBB. It was the price of the double layer that first caught my attention and then the research proved the WB to be superior in more ways than price alone. Aaaand it is American made by a mom and pop type operation.

I went through exactly the same process and came to exactly the same conclusion. Congrats - you're gonna love it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    I went through exactly the same process and came to exactly the same conclusion. Congrats - you're gonna love it.
    Then, thinking alike, we will either be blessed in life or go mad together. It has been said that great minds think alike...

Really looking forward to the first set up and try. Mid October the bride of my youth and I go to Sopiago Springs (E/S/E of Sacramento in the hills and off the grid) for a Pashnit.com motorcycle gathering. Hope to have some of the insulation issues sorted out by then. Gets real frosty there so it will be a good test. No doubt I will be the only hanger, certainly the only WBBB hanger (until my bride calls me to the tent).

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by rip waverly View Post
    try not to suplex the mailman when he's approaching with that mythical red, white and blue mailer from kbwaddy!!!
    Haa suplex drop!! Took awhile but I finally caught on. The mail lady is very nice and knows better than to deliver to my door (drop box actually).

Now what is a "red, white and blue mailer from kbwaddy"?
    Last edited by Law Dawg (ret); 09-26-2010 at 14:43.

Hammock
    N/A
    Tarp
    N/A
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    N/A
    Images
    Congrats - great product from a great company. You won't be dissatisfied with what you receive!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Here is to hanging happiness.......

I did not want to like mine when I got it but it grew all over me.
    Good luck and all.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Here is to hanging happiness.......
    Thanks Shug and thanks also for being such a major part of my education here.

I Love Onions, Grits...
    Two things; First, I'll have my grits with Blackstrap Molasses. Second, why do you hate Garlic?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast