Hammock
    HH EXPLORER DELUXE A-SYM ZIP
    Tarp
    HH double hex
    Insulation
    work in progress
    Suspension
    HH Standard
    Hey Pig Slayer Your list looks great, Personally I would drop extra clothing - maybe a clean pair of socks and undies - that's it. If you were going three days then extra T shirt for sure.

When we first started hunting and hiking - we carried way too much ammo, now its three rounds each and that's it.

AS someone else has said - fire starters and eating utensils as well as bug spray is all I could add.

My son and I recently did a hunt here in BC - there was no water whatsoever we had to carry everything with us, few people realise we have deserts here in BC but trust me we do.....

we had a river in the valley - +- 1000 feet below

But no water above that

There were few trees to hang from so we compromised

If I have seen further - it is by standing on the shoulders of giants

Salt water the final frontier

"Tread softly and breathe slowly"

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl & DIY 1.5 Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben Baby !
    Insulation
    Phoenix's&Burrow's
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Gees thanks all for the responses.
    I knew there were some essensials I forgot to list that I actually already have packed.
    Waterproof Matches and flint fire lighter, Yes
    Spork, Yes (I just love saying spork.)
    Head light, Yes, LED Lenser H7

I'll have a look at the water pumps and filters but my situation is similar to what Kudu had but with more trees
    Plenty of water down low but once I spend all morning treking up through the bush, drinking water. Only to arrive at the top needing more, That wouldn't be great. I'm really going to see and monitor how much water I drink but that can depend on my level of activity on the mountain.

Most of the water is still water in dams or in some Treacherous, steep, slippery gorge that seeps water. I don't like those spots

I stripped out a few things I had duplicated last night including one merino top and a few other items I had two off and also didn't probably need. Shaved another 470 gram's from the pack.

Also I weighed my osprey water bladder when empty, Wow that mother is 370 gram's empty. There is some weight there I could shave but I do like it...We will see.

Hopefully this trip I can live up to my name sake.... But regardless the few days in the mountains will be great and I'll post some pictures too of the hammock set up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12