Hello all,
My name is Doug but my trail name is mugs, (yes there's a story behind it) and I live in Spokane Washington. I haven't even purchased a hammock yet But I am this [] close to buying the Warbonnet Blackbird double 1.0 I never make decisions hastily and have been researching for about two weeks or so now. Any I am just going to be a lurker here for a bit...because I am on a few other forums and I know I get tired of answering all the other newb questions there so I hope to just learn and then go from here.

A little about me. I have been an avid backpacker for about ten years now. And have been in the sub 5 pound base weight category for about 3 years now. I give LW work shops and seminars to any one or group that will have me.

I own my own Subaru shop (out of my garage) but also work for a major shipping corporation and am going to school (again) to get my certifications to teach automotive ed (high school shop.)

I am giving hammocking whirl for several reasons. But mainly because I had an epiphany on my last trip where I didn't have one single piece of flat ground the whole trip and I was man "if I had a hammock" Also my friend is a "hanger" and he seems to always sleep better then me. I have to flip over about every hour or so otherwise my hips fall asleep. So I am turning in my cuben tarp and dinky sleep pad and going to give hammocking a try in hopes that I will sleep better and never be stuck in the situation I was last trip. I will always have a place to sleep.

Well I think that is enough for a first post and intro. I look forward to gleaning all that I can from everyone here. Thanks for having me.

AND SPECIAL THANKS TO BEARPAW for inviting me to the forum.