My own $25 DIY Hammock.
    Tarp
    Chinook Camo.
    Insulation
    E.C.W.S Military
    Suspension
    Bioshock

Hammock end caps.

I was on here looking at some end caps/storage units a gentleman made on here and cannot find the thread again. They were made from the same material as the hammocks are and fit over either end of his hammock. (i believe he had them on both ends) Does anyone here remember who wrote that or where i can find the plans for them? After my first hang this weekend i found that something like this would come in very handy for several reasons. If you can remember who this was and where to find the thread i would be greatly appreciative. Thanking you all in advance.

Images
    Talk to slowhike, that sounds like his idea.
    Youngblood AT2000

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I believe there have been other versions of end covers made for hammocks, but it could be the ones I made for my hammock that you saw.
    Here's one picture of the foot end but here are more pictures on pages 8 & 9 of my gallery. (My Gallery can be reached by the link under my name on this post)

I'll be away for a few minutes but if your interested in more info, I'll try to help when I get back.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    diy DL HH explorer asym w/shelf
    Tarp
    jrb hex spinn
    Insulation
    winter crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies/toggles
    I remember seeing it, but the memory fails me on who it was, but you are right, it is a great idea, a little stuff sack on each end inside the hammock, great idea, it wouldn't be too hard to make a set if you know how to sew, if not I'm sure others will chime in with the answer your looking for!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Injun51, I got your PM. I'll try to answer your questions here in case anyone else would be interested in knowing more about the "Storage End Covers".
    There is no pattern, I just kinda winged it But it's not so hard if you hang your hammock in the way you plan to use it, then drape the fabric over it to decide how you want to cut & attach it.
    I used silnylon, but a "durable water resistant" (DWR) fabric would work too.

You can see from the pictures that the cover at the head end is more complicated than the foot end cover I made. A little to complicated in fact.
    It does a great job storing & protecting from blowing/drifting rain, but it can get tangled up between taking down & set up if you're not careful.
    I've intended to design a simpler version but haven't got around to it yet. Maybe you will make some much needed design improvements.

Look closely at the pictures & you can probably tell how it's attached. In adition to the pictures on pages 8 & 9 of my gallery, there are a couple more close ups of the hiking pole/spreader bar attachments on page 3 of my gallery.
    If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts