A few days ago I received my Winter-weight TQ from Stormcrow at Hammock Gear. This post is to share my first impressions.

First...it's purty! Look at it...olive outside, silver grey inside.

Second, it's lofty! I compared it to my JRB MW4 UQ and found the loft to be virtually identical. Here's a shot with a Coke can for reference.

Third, it's well-made. Neat seams, no loose threads, no leaky down. Here's a shot showing the joining of the sewn footbox with reinforcement.

Now a few specs...it's a LONG Winter Burrow, suitable for my 6' 5" height. It's overstuffed (by 4 oz) with 900 fill goose down. It has a total of about 20 oz. of down. I haven't weighed the finished product yet, but I'm guessing it's just a hair under 2 pounds (31 or 32 oz).

One last photo for you. I folded the MW4 UQ twice to make it stack up high. I did the same with the Winter Burrow, figuring that any small differences in loft would be magnified four times by the stacking. My eyeball estimate is that they are the same. I realize that a rectangular MW4 is NOT identical to the sewn Burrow, but 'twas the inspiration of the moment!!

url=http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=10938&c=newimages&cutoffdate=1][/url]

Thank you, Adam, for making such a great product. I look forward to some good Minnesota cold weather to give it a workout and a full "in use" review.