DIY parallelogram/speer
    Tarp
    guidegear camo 12'
    Insulation
    garlington style
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    I definitely agree with you about the uq selection and quality but I'm excited to have some spare time soon to make a bridge hammock and nice simple uq for that... like searching for the holy grail of hammocks
    "nickels and dimes, yours and mine, did you cash in on your dreams? You don't dream for me no" Third Eye Blind

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelanddime View Post
    I definitely agree with you about the uq selection and quality but I'm excited to have some spare time soon to make a bridge hammock and nice simple uq for that... like searching for the holy grail of hammocks
    I never thought about how simple ab UQ for the bridgehammock could be. Don't have to worry about the ends getting smaller. Couldn't you actually just hang a sleeping bag from the bottom?

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    I never thought about how simple ab UQ for the bridgehammock could be. Don't have to worry about the ends getting smaller. Couldn't you actually just hang a sleeping bag from the bottom?
    It is easier. You still have contours on your bottom to conform to somehow. A sleeping bag snugged up on the ends with shock cord might work.

I've used a poncho liner down to mid 40's, I had an underbody that snugs up to my bottom holding it to the bottom. Guy named TeeDee who used to hang around here said he just hung a poncho liner from the bridge corners.

Grizz

Images
    That snugpak looks like it might work pretty well for a bridgehammock UQ since the ends aren't tapered, but it has some kind of shock cord attached. Kinda fits the needs exactly like Grizz just mentioned. I think...

It works excellent, at a very decent price, and the pack size is not too bad either for synthetic.
    I like mine very much.
    For value-for-money only, the BCUK-Wanderinstar system beats my JRB quilts every time.
    Available here:
    http://www.woodlandedge.co.uk/underblankets.html
    Comments of users here:
    http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15711
    http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/sho...ighlight=quilt
    Last edited by oetzi; 11-12-2007 at 07:47.

I'm new to hammocking but not to Snugpak Sleeping bags. It's good to see that Snugpak's lightweight insulation is adaptable to hammocks. Just for the record, in my opinion the snugpak bags are about the best. I've had a Merlin 3 for many years, packs to about 3/4ths of an American football, uncompressed, and is good, alone to 27 F. Did stealth camp last night with HH and Merlin bag, but stayed into 40's F.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daibutsu View Post
    I'm new to hammocking but not to Snugpak Sleeping bags. It's good to see that Snugpak's lightweight insulation is adaptable to hammocks. Just for the record, in my opinion the snugpak bags are about the best. I've had a Merlin 3 for many years, packs to about 3/4ths of an American football, uncompressed, and is good, alone to 27 F. Did stealth camp last night with HH and Merlin bag, but stayed into 40's F.
    I've never heard of them before. Are they really big in Europe?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge/DD Travel
    Tarp
    Kathmandu/Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped/DIY UB
    Hi guys

Nice forum you have here

I've used the wanderinstar u/blanket with a DD hammock (top entry), March in Yorkshire, and April at Loch Lommond, worked well enough I unzipped my sleeping bag and used it just as a quilt.

I'll be using it with a HH next weekend at Loch Tay, we've had a couple zero degree C nights recently, so should be a decent test, I'll be interested to see how it works with the bottom entry HH, I've been told it works well.

I've also recently ordered a JRB bridge hammock, doesnt look like I'll get it till after Christmas but I'll test the snugpak with it as well.

Stephen

Images
    I think that website is a bit out of date - the "news" item was dated 6-11-2007 and it states they expected to receive the first shipment in 7 days - which would have been June 18, 2007.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gailainne View Post
    Hi guys

Nice forum you have here

I've used the wanderinstar u/blanket with a DD hammock (top entry), March in Yorkshire, and April at Loch Lommond, worked well enough I unzipped my sleeping bag and used it just as a quilt.

I'll be using it with a HH next weekend at Loch Tay, we've had a couple zero degree C nights recently, so should be a decent test, I'll be interested to see how it works with the bottom entry HH, I've been told it works well.

I've also recently ordered a JRB bridge hammock, doesnt look like I'll get it till after Christmas but I'll test the snugpak with it as well.

Stephen

good to have you on board Stephen. we'll be interested to hear about your experiences there. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast