Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Need to change the thread title to "One Guy's Bad Time" or "weird lay in a GT UL? Never!" lol
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

NWGA, the Rome/Floyd county area. Johns Mt. Wilderness area is an old stomping ground.
    Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth, gathered end 12x5
    Tarp
    DIY silnyl 10x12
    Insulation
    depends...
    Suspension
    MULETAPE!!!
    I'm the only one in my family that doesn't use the GTUL(nephews included). I have a bridge because I'm a side sleeper. The rest are back or front sleepers. The front sleepers hang very tightly and snooze right on. I like the s-hooks but I change the ropes to muletape on all theirs. We made diy peapods out of their mummy bags and it seems to work great. If fact, my oldest son and daughter have had a revival in their love of camping because of the GTUL.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by burleyolebear View Post
    I'm the only one in my family that doesn't use the GTUL(nephews included). I have a bridge because I'm a side sleeper. The rest are back or front sleepers. The front sleepers hang very tightly and snooze right on. I like the s-hooks but I change the ropes to muletape on all theirs. We made diy peapods out of their mummy bags and it seems to work great. If fact, my oldest son and daughter have had a revival in their love of camping because of the GTUL.
    thats great to hear man. and they like a hammock that wont hurt the wallet
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    I put carabiners through the channels in place of the rope and s-hooks and I'm using whoopie slings and tree straps to complete the suspension.

I'm 5'10" and 220. It works fine with 30 degree hang and lying diagonally. The fabric breathes well and cools with the slightest breeze. I see it as a day hammock, something I can throw in my pack and spend and afternoon hanging next to a river with a good book or radio, swayin' in the breeze. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234