Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    PS
    Though it has just occurred to me: Though some folks feel the NoSniveler is good into the 20s, it seems to me that plenty feel 30 is about the lower limit. And I believe it is also 2.5" loft.

Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    You rate the 2.5" loft SnugFit at 30* based on your personal test. I have not seen any cold weather feed back from users yet, but many commented that they felt that rating was conservative. I wonder, do you consider yourself a cold or warm sleeper?
    I don't consider myself either a cold or warm sleeper, more of an average sleeper. The feedback has been positive but I don't recall any cold weather feed back from users where they have tried to rate the low end with a specific temperature either and I am somewhat surprised by that. I suspect someone will speak up at some point.
    Youngblood AT2000

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I've been to 30* with the SnugFit and it kept me warm, no problems. I would say it could hit 20-25* and still be comfortable.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I've been to 30* with the SnugFit and it kept me warm, no problems. I would say it could hit 20-25* and still be comfortable.
    I'll second that. The lowest temp I have slept in with my SnugFit was 31ºF, and it was fine. 20-25º should be easily done, and lower with warm clothing.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

I personally don't put much stock in extrapolating how low you can go based on using it at higher temperatures but I understand that if that is a best guess, then it is useful as a best guess. When the temperatures drop you can go from okay to being cool with just a few degrees change. That is particularly true with something like an underquilt where you worry about fit issues causing cold spots or sleeping bags where you worry about draft tubes, collars, hoods, and how well they seal off air leaks or gaps. I think to establish the lower limit you have to use it in temperatures where you start getting cold, then you know at what temperature it starts having problems on its on.

And yes warm clothing or pads or other insulation will push limits lower and that is a smart way to do things when you think you will be near the lower limit so you stay nice and warm and have the flexibility that only layering can give you, but that is different from the unassisted lower temperature rating. You should have warmer clothes and stuff when it is cold and there is no reason not to use them since you have them... except when you are trying to temperature rate something. The unassisted lower limit is nice to have so you know what you are working with so you know when and how much to add to it.
    Youngblood AT2000

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345