WBXLC 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    Shamu, CrowsNest
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just caught your Wolfy Woods Wander video--yowza! Wolf sighting, sensitive area humor made me LOL, and underwater camera work--Shug, your trip videos just keep getting better and stretching the envelope! Much thanks for these.
    Solvitur Ambulando - Diogenes

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle
    That was a nice encounter. That pup sure did not like the look you gave him - he was off like a bolt.
    The wolves up here are plentiful in some areas, and actually can get to be a downright nuisance to the local folks. Funny how geography and culture can alter perception.

My pic above was just outside of town in Deline, NWT. Cheeky bugger stood and stared 'til he had his fill. I think most of them are a bit smaller up here, certainly not as big as the one you got on tape. In fact, my akita had it out with a black one that wandered into town, and Koda was no worse for wear. I'd say they max out at 150 lbs up here, at least the ones I've seen, but the average is 100-120lbs, maybe less if food is scarce (hence the wandering into town...) Just a good sized dog, really. Oddly enough, we never seen them in a pack - one at a time, for some reason.

Really do love that underwater bit, Shug. And the fact that they are now in HD - you are providing an essential service for us noobs. A big thank you!!

Shugidy Shug Shug Shugidy Shug down the trail he goes, Shugidy Shug Shug Shugidy Shug he is a hammock pro sharing the tricks he knows.

Shug I have to ask have you ever tried some peppermint in your CoCo? After seeing your York Peppermint patty I now know you have the same love for them as I. Got to say in CoCo some Peppermint is Heaven. Think a swallow or three of that in the hot water bottle heater in the middle of the night would make a guy fall right back to sleep.
    I'm Popeye the hammock man I'll be in the woods again, by the end of the day tomorrow I pray I'll be in a hammock man. toot toot..

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge (Spinn UL)
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Multimat
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy The Jet View Post
    That was a nice encounter. That pup sure did not like the look you gave him - he was off like a bolt.
    The wolves up here are plentiful in some areas, and actually can get to be a downright nuisance to the local folks. Funny how geography and culture can alter perception.

My pic above was just outside of town in Deline, NWT. Cheeky bugger stood and stared 'til he had his fill. I think most of them are a bit smaller up here, certainly not as big as the one you got on tape. In fact, my akita had it out with a black one that wandered into town, and Koda was no worse for wear.
    You know, I often find myself thinking the same thing about geography altering your perception of wildlife. Here in NJ deer are *everywhere* and they are a pain in the butt. They constantly cause car wrecks, and they denude gardens & forests from overpopulation. Most people in this state aren't big on hunting - the deer season in some counties here is just one day a year - so there's very little population control. Add to that high population density and you've got deer everywhere, even right in the middle of our condo complex, on the highways, etc. Other places seeing a deer is considered a "wildlife experience", whereas here it's commonplace and frequently unwelcome

That is a great picture, thanks for sharing!

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle
    Heh heh, thanks! Once my paid membership is up and running, I'll go into an off-topic type place and put up some other shots of local critters...

It definitely is a strange thing, how different people view wildlife. In the last community I lived, prior to here, the wolves were pests. They'd get onto the runway and cause problems for planes trying to land, or go into town and eats small dogs. People just go out and either shoot or trap many of them. Once they are in town, they don't go away. Small places up here don't always have wildlife officers (ENR) so either the local First Nations band, or the LEO's get tasked with getting rid of the nuisance. Unsavory and sad, in my books. One day I'll post about my polar bear incident... What a gong show.

Woops, sorry for the thread drift, folks...

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567