Seeking to comission someone to make a hammock for me.

I've been looking for a simple, lightweight, gathered-end hammock (à la the Warbonnet Traveler) in a camouflage print for a while, but to no avail. I thought about making one myself, and I know it's an easy thing to do, but the reality is 1) I don't yet know how to sew, 2) I don't have access to a sewing machine, and 3) I have too many irons in the fire already. It will be more costly (considering both money, and time outlay) for me to acquire the items and skillset necessary to do this, instead of just paying somebody else to do it for me. Which brings me to the point of this post...

I want to hire somebody to make a gathered-end, double-layered camouflage hammock for me.

Here's what I had in mind: I'll order the 1.1oz camouflage ripstop from Backwoods Daydreamer, and have it delivered to your location. Once the hammock is finished, you send it off to me. Easy. If you're a well-known, trustworthy member of the forum, I'd have absolutely no problem paying you upfront. You needn't worry about making a full suspension (I already have one ready to go), just the ridge line. Presently I only need one hammock, but if all goes well, there's a chance I'd like to have several made.

If you're interested - and if you've actually made a hammock before! - drop me a line. Thanks!

GFY

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Gary,

I'm sure you'll find someone for this...but in case everyone is busy and you just can't find an experienced hammock builder to make you one, drop me a PM. I am inexperienced, but very crafty. And I happen to be working on a winter hammock for myself, as soon as some stuff I ordered comes in.

Just keep me as a backup plan. I'm happy to help, and I enjoy building stuff up.

Check out these threads for my latest projects.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ight=organizer

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ighlight=igloo

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Sleeping BearTQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    I'm not sure how well known I am, but I'll make one for you. I do alot of diy stuff. You can see my UQ in the gallery. I have made a good number of hammocks, tarp, stoves, etc.
    "We don't stop hiking because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop hiking."

-- Finis Mitchell,

Hammock
    Wildhorn Outfitters 2
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    Snugpak
    Suspension
    straps
    You live in Yonkers. Go to a fabric store and look in the vestibule or ask a cashier. I bet someone has a "Sewing for hire" sign up, or the employees know somebody within 5 minutes of you...

• + New Posts