Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    Woo Hoo...my new Traveler came today! Looking forward to getting out on a solo adventure on the Superior Hiking Trail for a couple days. Gonna be my first experience hanging in a hammock without a bug net! My new Ohm pack is coming in tomorrow as well so it's gonna be fun time with new toys!
    Gratz, Pizza! You'll have fun playing with the new toys!!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Quilts + MacSac
    Suspension
    Air Shocks
    Images

My New Traveler(s)

I'm a noob and just ordered my Traveler DL (actually 2 Travelers, so my son can have one as well).

QUESTION No 1: Is the view from the Traveler more open than the view from the BB? From the videos it appears that the view from BB is somewhat impeded, at least on the shelf side of the hammock.

QUESTION No 2: I've seen a lot of post about the use of pads vs under quilts and I'm wondering if my Exped Syn 9 is going to work as well in the Traveler as it does in my tent for insulation purposes. The Exped is the warmest camp mat I have ever owned. Does anybody happen to use an Exped with their Traveler in below freezing temperatures (I love cold weather camping)?

QUESTION No 3: I'm planning on using the Traveler mainly for motorcycle and car camping. With this in mind, can someone please recommend a tarp? Weight and size is not that big of an issue as I have plenty of room on the bike. I was thinking about a Noah's Tarp 9x9 or 12x12. Your thoughts, please?

Thanks!

Bug
    Last edited by BugHunter; 10-29-2010 at 21:33.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by BugHunter View Post
    QUESTION No 3: I'm planning on using the Traveler mainly for motorcycle and car camping. With this in mind, can someone please recommend a tarp? Weight and size is not that big of an issue as I have plenty of room on the bike. I was thinking about a Noah's Tarp 9x9 or 12x12. Your thoughts, please?

Thanks!

Bug
    Ditto on the mode of transportation. I got a Kelty 12 and it will allow me to set up for cold better. However, I hope to also have the 9 (and will have unless one of these high speed low drag silnylon tarps get me first).

Is your Traveler a single or double layer?
    Last edited by Law Dawg (ret); 10-29-2010 at 22:04.

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I love the wide open view from my Traveler
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Traveller experience

I did use my the traveller for the first time last month on a 4 night backpack trip to Killarney Provincial Park, in Ontario. Night temperatures were near freezing. My sleeping bag was the Big Agnes Lost Ranger with insulated air matress, and included both nights with and without a tarp cover.

I'm still exploring the most comfortable tension for the hammock and ridge line. On some occassions, the air mattress fit more comfortably in the hammock, and on others I would wake up to find the foot of the mattress projecting over the hammock edge. I expect there will be a middle ground setup, and with the variation of tree separation, and ground slope, it will take some experimenting. The hammock material is very slippery and it is easy to shift position, and at the same time gravity takes control and slides you to the bottom of the curve.

I'd be interested in learning how others successfully determine the right tension for the traveller.

Ted

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123