Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    Thanks for the input. The most expensive bag I have is a 0* Coleman Max at $60. The others are 40* Colemans because the family only goes with me in the Summer. Is it possible that the cheaper bags hold up more when stored compressed? I don't do extreme arctic camping or anything so maybe that's why I've never noticed an issue. I couldn't force myself to spend a couple hundred bux on a bag. I'd rather carry the weight. IMHO, some of these camping stuff prices are getting way out of hand. I'm a tightwad, so cheap and heavy works for me. Again. thanks for the input on the compressed bag issue. I guess I never spent enough on a bag to have it come in a storage bag. LOL
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlion View Post
    Is it possible that the cheaper bags hold up more when stored compressed?
    I don't think it is "price" of the bag perse. Cheaper bags have less loft to compress. That is not to say they are "thicker". They might be. But they are denser. There is a huge difference between compressing a CCF pad and compressing a down bag. Similarly, the synthetic bags have less loft to lose. A 2.5" synth bag is way more dense than a 2.5" down bag. That's just the nature of the beast. So the synth bags probably do suffer from compression less than the down bags. Cheaper synth bags are even denser than more expensive synth bags. So while yeah.. there may be a seeming correlation between price and resistance to damage I think it is primarily determined by the nature of the fill itself. Just my thoughts. YMMV
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12