Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Well, California isn't really America so it's not a fair comparison. More like it's own little universe, thinking the rest of creation revolves around it.

How 'bout we get away from the politics and back to hammocks?
    No politics, just facts, those that have their eyes open
    Yes Ca is another world, but cheap burritos, $1.25 bus fare to Big Basin to camp(those who know...know), etc. Read my signature.

Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    Quote Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
    maybe everyone gets along here so well because they are secure enough in their manhood to admit that they sew
    I was talking to my neighbor (that’s about to give me my first sewing lesson this Wednesday) about this very subject. I told her at 43, I’m secure enough to learn to sew, but that I didn’t see myself doing so when I was 23. She got a good laugh out of that.

When I was asking about buying materials (fabric & such) she mentioned the guy at a local Wal-Mart. “He really knows his stuff, he’s gay of course”. She then told me about the guy at a local JoAnne’s Fabrics. “He is too.” Well, as Seinfeld says, “Not that there’s anything wrong with that”.

Sure, I’m secure in my manhood, but I still brought my 10 year old daughter with me when I went to get some stuff!

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB-Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubater & Burrow
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I think the bigger difference in HF is that people treat other members with respect. On other sites it some times feels like the WWF smackdown of different opinions. It may be because we are still fairly small or we still have interesting things to discuss yet. Even when someone disagrees, they nicely give their opinion and try not to offend. I hope it doesn't change.

I couldn’t agree more! HF is the first forum site I’ve ever visited. Because I’ve enjoyed this site so much and it has helped improve my total outdoor experience so dramatically (not just my hang), I recently decided to join another forum related to my occupation. Right away I noticed how belligerent, pompous, and ignorant the members are. After only two days, I was completely shocked when I realized the most offensive comment I came across was added by a moderator!

I would like to offer my sincerest “Thank You” to all Hammock Forum members for all their friendly, supportive, & uplifting efforts that make Hammock Forums such a delightful place to visit.

(((no pun intended!)))

Hammock
    Handmade string & 1.1 dbl DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    Wiggys FTRSS, pluq
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Images
    Thank you moderators for helping it stay awesome.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    in my opinion the difference i feel here is that you can stand up and say hey im a newb and people here fertilize your growth and development with no taint of superiority.ive never felt stupid here for not knowing something.other places not so much, or at least that was my perception of it.here its not look at me im the king of the trail,its how can we all be better as a unit in my humble opinion that is very rare.the thing what im trying to say is thanks all for being the thing that makes you real.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Widerness Logics
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by FortHanger View Post
    I couldn’t agree more! HF is the first forum site I’ve ever visited. Because I’ve enjoyed this site so much and it has helped improve my total outdoor experience so dramatically (not just my hang), I recently decided to join another forum related to my occupation. Right away I noticed how belligerent, pompous, and ignorant the members are. After only two days, I was completely shocked when I realized the most offensive comment I came across was added by a moderator!

I would like to offer my sincerest “Thank You” to all Hammock Forum members for all their friendly, supportive, & uplifting efforts that make Hammock Forums such a delightful place to visit.

(((no pun intended!)))
    You quoted Dutch from 5 years ago. I wonder if he still feels that way? This site is awesome and addicting!

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Most of my discussions on internet forums have been religious and theological in nature. Recently, I was called a murderous pig by a United Methodist pastor! LOL

This group is truly special and I add my amen to the accolades. Thanks to the moderators for keepng it clean and to experienced members for all your wonderful help.

Mike

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I love these old threads sometimes!

But it is all true; HF.net has been on the cutting edge since day one when we all (mostly) migrated over from the Yahoo Group.

A few things I really like:
    1) Even though there are some very good cottage vendors here; they never miss an opportunity to help some build something. Take Warbonnet for example. He will help any one build a clone of one of his hammocks; even though he sells them! Of course he is not the only one, but that attitude is unique to this community in many respects.

2) Think of all the innovation that has come from this group! From products being prototyped, built, manufactured and ultimately sold. It is difficult to find a modern camping hammock for sale by any manufacturer that doesn't use some idea that started right here!

3) Mathmeticians! 'Nuff said...

4) Everything else; from stoves to sewing machines; it seems like there is either an answer already here or some one is willing to learn about a problem and then offer a solution!

Yea, this place ROCKS!
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    BIAS ww-switchback-WBRR
    Tarp
    tadpole
    Insulation
    underground quilts
    Suspension
    whoopies,strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I think the bigger difference in HF is that people treat other members with respect. On other sites it some times feels like the WWF smackdown of different opinions. It may be because we are still fairly small or we still have interesting things to discuss yet. Even when someone disagrees, they nicely give their opinion and try not to offend. I hope it doesn't change.
    My sentiments exactly!

Hammock
    Dutch netless wide
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    I Have not been here long, but I love it here. It is rare that I find a site that I actually want to not only contribute to, but also to meet people from. Hammock forums is unique amongst other sites for many reasons, but the thing that makes the biggest difference is the mods. They remind people to stick to the topic, I have seen many forums that simply turn into a few people joking around and not helping each other out. When I ask a question here, I get several peoples opinions, instead of one opinion and several peoples comments about something else that I didn't ask. My point is I think its the mods and the rules that make hammock forums unique. The people here want to follow them and do.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast