What it's all about! :)

Took my oldest son (12) out camping Friday night. We are driving out into the country with the top down in the Jeep. The stars were really shining that night. I look over and he is staring up into the sky, saying "Man". I then find myself looking up (while looking and driving- lol) and saying, "Man".
    We get there and I set up my hammock and he sits up his one man tent right beside me. We talk until we fall asleep while swinging looking up at the stars. Life can be really good at times!
    We will never conquer a mountain. The mountain allows us to visit and with enough time asks us to kindly go back down. And sits in peace with or without our presence.
    my quote.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0'
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Living in Amsterdam (Netherlands) I can only see an orangey haze... Light pollution sucks.

Every time I go back to Norway to our cabin in the mountains and see the star littered sky my soul is soothed.

Hammock
    DIY 11' 1.9 ripstop
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    That is what its all about. On good nights I can see the milky way.
    I blame all grammatical errors on the iPhone

See my Completed DIY's
    Karo Under Quilt Adventure

DIY Mummy UQ (a how to)

Full Time since Dec '11

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    The thing that boggles my mind is how many stars you can see when you are away from the lights of the metropoli. I grew up in a rural community in the mountains and now live in a city. You'd think I'd remember just how many stars there are, but every time I go home to the mountains, I'm awed and humbled by the vastness and sheer volume of stars out there. It fuels the dreamer inside, fer sure.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 once
    Tarp
    maccat micro
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    That childed needs to get a hammock asap. jk what a great story and a great memory for the child

Yeah- I'm in the process of setting the little man up!
    I would take that memory over any plaque on my wall

I've always thought this Sherlock Holmes story is kinda cool

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson went on a camping trip. After sharing a good meal and a bottle of Petrie wine, they retire to their tent for the night.

At about 3 AM, Holmes nudges Watson and asks, "Watson, look up into the sky and tell me what you see?"

Watson said, "I see millions of stars."

Holmes asks, "And, what does that tell you?"

Watson replies, "Astronomically, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Theologically, it tells me that God is great and we are small and insignificant. Horologically, it tells me that it's about 3 AM. Meteorologically, it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you, Holmes?"

Holmes retorts, "Someone stole our tent."
    We will never conquer a mountain. The mountain allows us to visit and with enough time asks us to kindly go back down. And sits in peace with or without our presence.
    my quote.

• + New Posts