Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I got curious about this the other day, I was wondering about the hennessy everyone raves about, turns out made in asia.

I have an eno, and their site leads one to believe that it's two brothers pumping them out in Asheville, NC, but I think that may be one of these misleading marketing ploys.

I am disappoint that they haven't bothered to answer the email I sent several days ago, inquiring about this.

This is on the front page a speer's website,

"All of our Hammocks and Accessories are
    Proudly Hand Made in the
    Southern Appalachians"

http://www.speerhammocks.com/

As someone pointed out, even the few that make them here are likely often using materials from elsewhere. Let's all get behind making hemp legal so we'll can have it grown locally to make what would be a good material for the entire hammock system.

There is no part of a hammock system that could not be made from hemp.
    And it's a natural product. Sustainability and all that.... You know a lot of hammock lovers claim part of their reasoning is environmental, well let's get off the oil based materials then...

I think I'll put up another thread on this.

I actually would have bought one of his when I was shopping, if not for my reluctance to buy things I can't touch first. A big part of my decision was based on the fact that I was able to get an Eno locally, in Little Rock, at the time.

On that note does anyone have his book? Worth it? Does it have directions for peapods?

I like the looks of his peapod, looks like the best way to stay warm I've seen, but I'd never spend that kind of cash, I'm too cheap.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Ed Speer's book is fantastic. It is a bit dated these days, but it should be a must-read for every hanger. I don't remember if there are details on the Peapod; I don't think so.
    Hemp is legal, I have a pair of sandals that are 100% hemp. Only its cousin is illegal in half the states. Hemp could be made into a hammock, and I bet there are a few out there, but I suspect the weight penelty would be fairly severe.

Also, bear in mind that Hammock Forums members are not only from the USA. We have members worldwide, including Asia. Just a thought to keep in mind, so nobody has to remove any footwear from their mouth.
    Trust nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Hemp is legal, I have a pair of sandals that are 100% hemp. Only its cousin is illegal in half the states.
    Not entirely true, last I heard it's largely illegal to grow, though there are some slow changes being made commercially. You and I cannot obtain viable hemp seed, it has to be sterilized to sell. And the cousin is still illegal in all states regardless of what you've been led to believe,
    but that's not what I'm talking about, nor want to talk about.

I'm working on another thread that will touch on this, and some other points. Didn't really intend to hijack this one.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123