Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

SOLD: Third and Last Round of Sales

Items do not include shipping - I'll look online for the estimated shipping to your location and use that. If you buy more than one thing I'll combine the shipping.

PayPal works best but if all you can do is a check I'll ship when it clears. Money Orders ok, too.

Post here what you want and if you'd like to use PayPal or snail mail...I'll PM you with details.

Crazy Creek Crazy Crib LEX Lightweight Hammock with Ultralight Tarp - $80 - This is a great car camping hammock. I backpacked with it several times and it works well for that, too...just a little heavier and bulkier than some other options, but it gives a HUGE open feeling inside so it would be good for folks with claustrophobia issues. Reviewed it here (read the Initial Review first, then the Field Review, then the Long Term Review). Includes hammock and supports, tarp, tarp lines, etc - everything in the original package except the stakes. Selling it b/c I haven't used it since the BGT test...still a good hammock, though.

Integral Designs Salathe Bivy - $80 - Bought at an REI member sale and never used. Looks like it's in excellent condition but I don't know how much it was used before it was returned. Details here.

Sierra Designs kid's windbreaker jacket, size small - $10 - Never worn. Burnt orange color, water resistant but not waterproof. Full zip, elasticized hood, snapping front pockets. I think it's this one. Includes matching stuffsack.

Sierra Designs kid's windbreaker jacket, size large - $10 - Never worn. Burnt orange color, water resistant but not waterproof. Full zip, elasticized hood, snapping front pockets. I think it's this one. Includes matching stuffsack.

Camo Ecotat poncho/bivy - $50 This is part of the new Aircrew Survival System. It's basically a more advanced military issue poncho with zippers all around to use it as a bivy, velcro patches, shockcord on the ends, etc. Drawstring hood. Camo stuff sack included. I think it's similar to this prototype. Measures 76"x96" (that's a 10.2' diagonal), weighs 36 oz including stuff sack.

Black coated nylon sleeping bag compression sack - $5 - Large size, rounded bottom, three compression straps go around the bag.

Eagle Creek Adventure Backpack - $80 - New, never used. This is a really nice pack that I never used. It's probably 6 lbs, but it would be great for travel b/c it's made of tough cordura. Three big zippered panel-loading compartments, plus a smaller zippered compartment on front and water bottle pockets on the sides. Includes attached rainfly that stows in its own pocket. Also includes a panel that zips over the shoulder straps and hip belt for checking luggage. (It's carry-on compatible if you pack small enough.) Hefty, adjustable suspension. Two buckled compression straps on each side. This pack was ~$200 new but I don't think they make this model anymore.

And some books: $3 each plus shipping. I'll combine the shipping.
    Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey
    A Journey North by Adrienne Hall
    Weird Hikes by Art Bernstein
    A Blistered Kind of Love by Angela and Duffy Ballard
    White Blaze Fever by William Schuette

And some material...these are Wallyworld specials...some were $1/yd and some were $2/yd. I haven't weighed them or tested to see what's nylon or polyester. Some of it is sewn into projects but I'm only selling it as the material.

Off-white/light gray nylon, NOT ripstop, ~1.9 oz, no treatment, 17+ yds by 58" wide - $20

Red ripstop, 1.9 oz, no treatment, 75"x42" - $5 - This was the Kids Hammock that my little ones outgrew.

Gray DWR ripstop, 1.1oz, 116"x54" - $5 This was the prototype Cinched Hammock that I decided to quit working on. It'll still work as a hammock for a really light person or you can just use the material. Check the link to see the drawstring channel and webbing on the ends.

Olive Drab Ripstop, 1.4 oz, 100"x60" - $5 - Probably polyester. I've used this kind of material for a hammock before and been comfortable in it with me and my kids in there (200+ lbs). Treat it with care and it should be ok.

Olive Drab Ripstop, 1.4 oz, 4 yds x 60" - $8 - Probably polyester.

Olive Drab Ripstop, 1.4 oz, 145"x60" - $8 - Probably polyester.

Gray 1.9 oz Ripstop, 5 yds x 60" - $5

Gray 1.9 oz DWR Ripstop - 150" x 62" - $5

Gray 1.9 oz Ripstop, light DWR, 170+" x 62" - $5

Gray wp/b material, maybe Supplex - 8.75 yds x 55" - $12 - This is pretty soft and a little stretchy. It definitely has a right side and and a wrong side, and I can barely blow through it. Not suitable for a tarp or hammock - probably good for clothing or a bivy.

Desert Camo heavy cotton fabric, 26+ yds x 45" - $20 - This is the old chocolate chip Desert Storm pattern, about the thickness of summer-weight utility uniforms.

Sold to Take-a-knee:
    Green Krill Light - $10 Like a chem light, but uses 2 x AA and is reusable. See here for details.

Sold to rstms:
    Hammock Sock - $10 - It's version 2 on this page.
    Gray 1.9 oz DWR ripstop, 10'x5' - $5 - Hemmed all around, whipped with zipties.

Sold to trailale:
    Black fleece jacket, size Large - $10 - Air Force issue, full zip, pit zips, front hand-warming pockets, not windproof.

Sold to NCPatrick:
    Black Camelbak "Thermalbak2L" - $25 - New, never used. Standard 2 Liter Camelbak with tube insulator, on/off switch, bite valve.

Sold to kohburn:
    Gray 1.1 oz DWR Ripstop, 15+ yds x 48" - $18

Sold to jazilla:
    Gray 1.9 oz Ripstop, light DWR, 7+ yds x 62" - $ 10
    Gray 1.9 oz Ripstop, 11+ yds x 60" - $15

Sold to headchange:
    The Tracker by Tom Brown
    Walking With Spring by Earl Shaffer

Sold to slowhike:
    The Man Who Walked Through Time by Colin Fletcher

Sold to traviso71:
    Gray 1.9 oz Ripstop, light DWR, 12 yds x 60" - $15
    Olive Drab DWR Ripstop, 1.1 oz, 36"x70" - $3

Sold to RevT:
    Red Ledge Thunderlight Kids Rain Pants, size small - $10 - Black Thunderlight kid's waterproof/breathable series. Elastic waist with shockcord drawstring and cordlock, zippered rear pocket. They fit my son from ~5-7 years old. Excellent condition. Includes stuffsack with tags.
    Red Ledge Thunderlight Kids Rain Jacket, size medium - $15 - Waterproof/breathable, full zip, visored hood with elastic, ventilation flap on back, large zippered hand pockets can provide ventilation in front, elastic/velcro cuffs on sleeves, shockcord waist. Similar to his one but it doesn't look exactly like this picture. Excellent condition. Includes stuff sack.
    Last edited by Just Jeff; 12-23-2007 at 10:19.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Jeff, I'd like the green krill light.

Hammock Sock - $10 - It's version 2 on this page.
    Gray 1.9 oz Ripstop, light DWR, 170+" x 62" - $5
    Olive Drab Ripstop, 1.4 oz, 145"x60" - $8 - Probably polyester.

would the 1.4 oz OD make a good hammock, or would you recommend the 1.9 oz?

would either of my choices plus the sock fit in a giant postal envelope?

if so I would like the sock plus on of the hammock material lengths.

can you save those until I decide?

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've used 1.4 oz polyester for a hammock before - it worked well and was very comfortable. The only one I had fail was b/c it was an insulated and I had ripped the seams off, leaving a hole...that hole is where it failed. I'm keeping two bolts of 1.4 oz polyester for my future hammocks.

Obviously, the 1.9 oz is tougher and the weight penalty isn't that much, so if you're still concerned you could always go with that.

I can probably fit both into a big envelope, so shipping would be ~$5 and two days.

Wouldn't really be fair to the others to save it - first to confirm gets the gear.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

Hammock
    DIY Speer Type
    Tarp
    JRB, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Peapod, JRB, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Hammock Sock - $10 - It's version 2

I'll take this unless it's bad form to jump in front of skar578. I'll wait for a reply.

Thanks...
    Gentle raindrops and mighty oceans...neither can exist without the other.
    Time heals all wounds...but it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Hammock
    DIY Speer Type
    Tarp
    JRB, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Peapod, JRB, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Gray 1.9 oz DWR ripstop, 10'x5' - $5 - Hemmed all around, whipped with zipties.

I'm adding this to my order if it will all ship for the same price...

Thanks
    Gentle raindrops and mighty oceans...neither can exist without the other.
    Time heals all wounds...but it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

rstm, go ahead, now, I have even more reason to make my own sock. I will check out my local walmart and scope out the ripstop (or seemingly lack there of)

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    rstms - done. I'm leaving in a bit for a quick overnighter so I'll ship it after weekend.

skar - looking forward to those pics! There's enough gray 1.1 oz DWR listed for a hammock sock if you can't find any at walmart.

yea, hopefully it will last.

im kinda looking for stealthyer colors.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I'll take the black fleece jacket. Please PM me with details...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast