Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    HH exped.Asym/ WBBB / DD-travel
    Tarp
    hex tarp
    Suspension
    truckers-hitch
    The nickname and Icon matches my 3 addictions:

1)I'm a big fan of Marillion. They created the Anorak-logo because their fans are often called "Anoraks"..
    2)I also like kayaking and when I do I often wear an anorak.
    3)When you see the logo you can also see a small clothing-hanger in it's hand... Well to me thats for the "love to hang! "

Hammock
    HH Xped w/2QZQ#4 and HH ULBA
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenx|7DBurrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings/DCs
    mine came from my days of playing on a competitive paintball team called "Atlantic Storm". in the paintball forums i was none as storm1 and my team mates a storm 2...storm3...etc.

then i got into geacaching and created my caching account as storm1.

it's through geocaching that i got into hammocking, along with some other local geocachers, so i stuck with the name when i created my HF account.

most people just call me storm.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by G...Hawk View Post
    3D+G my original name on HF was pulled from my profession.
    I am a stone sculptor; I carve large public sculpture. 9 tons, 23tons, 32tons in private and public parks and gardens.
    People coming by to watch often called me Rocky, Stoney, Chipper and sometimes Michelangelo.

I would say call me 3D+.

My name is Gallina.
    When people have difficultly remembering the pronunciation I say just call me G.

Used that name when I signed up : 3D+G
    Realizing I was hooked on hanging, then wanted a name connected to nature.

So ... having a fascination with hawks... If you are hiking with me and see a hawk flying or diving
    call out G when I turn to you, point to the hawk and yell Hawk.

Therefore G...Hawk.

Looking forward to getting a 'real' trail name.
    Now that I hear the explination, G...Hawk is an excellent trail name. IMHO.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I do a lot of work with kids in the church and community. Younger kids especially are used to putting a title infront of a name. For years I have directed a summer camp for teens and occassionally for elementary students. My camp director partner is a priest and he goes by "Father Tom". Although I am a youth minister, I am not ordained so as to cut any confusion on the "father" thing, the kids would call me Uncle Mike. "Uncle Mike" has stuck since many of those past campers are now out of college and still call me that.

"Uncle Mike" is a handle that is in use many places and I didn't want to be "UncleMike5632" or some such number. To avoid the number thing, I just inserted my initials instead of first name whenever I would set up an e-mail account or screen name. Hence "Uncle MJM".
    Last edited by UncleMJM; 10-18-2010 at 10:22. Reason: corrected a typo

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge (Spinn UL)
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Multimat
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    I've gone through online handles for almost 10 years and just never had one I didn't get tired of. Years ago I gave up and started using jloden everywhere (I go by Jay and my last name is Loden), unless my dad gets there first! I haven't got a trail name yet, so maybe if/when I get one it'll have better luck staying with me than my online usernames have

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    "Thor" is my husband Adam's (Stormcrow) middle name. "Wren" is what my father called me growing up, since it was apparently a common pairing with "Jenny" so I was called "JennyWren" or "Wren". I just combined them the first year we married.

If he doesn't get on here, I'll explain Stormcrow's name. He is a big fan of Lord of the Rings, and I believe the Wizard was referred to as "Stormcrow" at some point in the series. It just stuck with him.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    I love this thread! So many questions answered...
    Quote Originally Posted by thorwren View Post
    If he doesn't get on here, I'll explain Stormcrow's name. He is a big fan of Lord of the Rings, and I believe the Wizard was referred to as "Stormcrow" at some point in the series. It just stuck with him.
    Please forgive me if my 'geek' is showing, but I have frequently wondered if that was in reference to Gandalf . Oops, the football team is coming and I am WAY too close to a trash can--gotta go!
    Last edited by timabababaluka; 10-18-2010 at 15:28. Reason: 'cause less is more
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    TrekLight
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    7D HG 3s Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Come hike with me and I'd be glad to share with you !
    Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho ~ Jambi

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    I went to the same high school as "Wierd Al"(1976) he hates guns I love'm. He made a song called "Trigger Happy" and one of my kids caught me sing it while I was working around the house and said "that songs you dad"
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    well not really a trail name as i am pretty much a lone hiker up here and never really hiked with many people but a self made forum name-i had a strange obsession with the book "into the wild" before it was a movie and read it many times.i don't really idolize Christopher Mccandless as i think he was missing a few screws but something about the freedom and life he lived really stuck with me and at one point he renamed himself Alexander Supertramp -so i stole it

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast