Tarp
    4 s Cuben Z-packs
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Burrow
    Suspension
    Some of everything
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    What?!?!? And it took you a whole 45 minutes to tell us?!?

I am disappointed in you, smitty. Very disappointed in deed.
    Checked the e-mail before i left work at 4:01, went to check out an outdoor store (didn't buy anything for once), went home and checked email at home at 4:52 and it was there.

I'll try to be a little more prompt with my post from now on
    Experts are the ones who think they know everything. Geniuses are the ones who know they don't.

You need seek no rocky summit, for these high places are within you.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    That's just it, you CAN'T cancel your order. They don't answer PMs or emails.

As someone on other thread mentioned, he's shot them $500 and still no reply.

2QzQ, for instance, has a person email them the order on theri website, they reply back giving the estimated shipping and price, and then if you agree, you Paypal the dough.

Hammock Gear needs to follow 2qzq precedent.
    As 2QzQ has a completely different product, it is not a fair comparison at all. Your wait is before you pay, not after. Each vendor has their own waiting lists, some longer than others depending on their product, how many people they have working for them, material supply, and complexity of design. If you order a custom Nunatak bag that is not in stock or a return, you will wait anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. JRB has people sewing for them since their little cottage industry grew into what it is now, so they have stock. When they started and were doing all the work themselves, I'm sure they had a lead time on their products as well. Every cottage industry goes through growing pains. But if you are willing to work within their constraints and understand their demands, you will receive a great product (that also isn't made in a sweatshop somewhere) from all the vendors represented here on HF, especially from Adam and Jen and Hammock Gear. As so many have said, if you don't like their business, don't order from them. You have raised your opinion in several threads now, so we get your point. To continue on just makes you look bitter and/or spiteful. Be happy, and take a walk in the woods to clear your mind, lay in a hammock and watch the clouds roll by to relax yourself. Life is too short to be as unhappy as you seem to be.

Businesses live and die by their word of mouth, the quality of their product, and their competitiveness in pricing. The wait for a lot of people seems long and apparently has been for some, but I don't hear anyone complaining about the product, and have in fact been raving about their quilts. It takes time to establish a business; logistics, procedures, costs and availability of raw materials all factor in for anyone starting from scratch. I know for a fact that their business is a 24 hour endeavor for them, and working hours are longer than you would care to work and extremely varied. But they work like dogs to make quality "goose down jiffy pop" puffy goodness for the folks out there who are ordering their products.

I can't wait for my own personal Winter Incubator - I have waited the longest on the list (won't even tell you how long,) but that's because I keep giving up my own quilt for others on the list. I have had the use of loaners that don't meet Adam's quality control and would never go to a customer, so don't feel sorry for me.

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo
    Fin-- I didn't see your post until now; since you address me directly, I reply to your opinions and comments.

Fin, you missed the point. It's not the wait. It's the utter lack of communication. People spending as much as a small sofa and never receiving so much as an email acknowledging the order. No email as to when it could be expected. No replies to emails and PMs from the buyer. Hence three simultaneous threads, none started by me, with "did you get my email?" and "Lead time" progressing to comments about communication and such. I had the same experience during my ordering process this autumn. What business, cottage or otherwise, would want this on a forum?

People go on and on about Adam's a great guy, a family man, and makes a great product. It's worth the wait.

Well, the people ordering and starting these threads and posting in them are great guys, and have wonderful families and work very hard to pay hundreds of dollars for the great product. And they're willing to wait when they know how long it might be and that their order was received.

Aha, the aha moment....they don't know how long they will wait, Fin. They don't know that their order was received and they don't get email answers to their contact with the company.

The communication is the issue. The lack of communication. In some cases, any communication at all. To see it any other way is really off target.

So, Fin, since you ask me to lay in a hammock and chill; the next time you pay for anything mail order, something large (like the gentleman that put in a $500 order) from a budding small business and never hear one thing about it, no confirmation email, no "it's in the works" email and then no reply to your PMs and emails for over a month, and you have to try and contact that person through a forum, I'd like you then to take a nap in a hammock and just keep telling yourself that the business owner is a great guy, and a family man like yourself and he makes a great product, and you can look at the sky and just wait and hope he got your money. That's your advice, it seems.

Had Adam's explanation of his business given in bits and pieces in these three threads gone out to all his customers in a form email, or on his website, we can all agree that these threads would not have ever been started.

God bless and happy trails to everyone.
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 11-15-2010 at 08:04.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary from Yonkers View Post
    What's the lead time on new orders these days? A buddy and I are giving serious thought to pulling the trigger on a top and bottom quilt for each of us, but he fired off an email a few days ago...no response.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    This is Jen - Fall rush has gone crazy on us! UQ's are around 3 weeks, and the TQ's are slightly longer, since it takes a bit more time to make. We're hoping to cut the wait time down as soon as the surge of orders slow down.
    This thread is getting a little contentious. First point - the OP got his answer in the first few posts...normally we'd close a thread at this point. I think this one is useful so we'll keep it open if it stays civil.

Second point - there's a fine line between commenting on your personal experience with this business (on topic) and making comments about how you think business should be run in general (off topic). Feedback about businesses in our industry is always welcome on HF, both positive and negative, and this thread has both...but some of the comments are becoming more generalized as point-counterpoint discussion of business operations in general. Let's keep it focused on your personal experience with the business and help make sure it stays civil, please.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Just Jeff - Much appreciated.

The website has been updated to reflect contact information and wait times. Please refer to the home page of hammockgear.com.

Thanks, all!
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    DIY Hennessey A-sym
    Tarp
    JRB Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    3S Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing / Amsteel
    WOoo! Just got an email from Adam and Jenny saying that my Crowsnest is on its way in the mail! I am pretty sure that I ordered in the middle of the winter rush and it only took 2 weeks. Not bad at all for an awesome product. Thanks guys! Looking forward to trying this beauty out with my new JRB brown cattail tarp!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Just to clarify on those waiting for their quilts.... Diezeldorf's quilt was made for another customer who changed his mind about the color, so it became stock, and ended up to conveniently match his order... Please, don't think we're skipping anyone! Thanks, Diezeldorf, lol.

Thorwren
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge (Spinn UL)
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Multimat
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    Yay!! My 3S crowsnest showed up today, just took it out of the box and it looks great! Supposed to be down to 26 tonight so may get a chance to try it out, too

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Maccat ultra
    Insulation
    incubator+burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Just got notification that my 3s incubator has shipped! ordered 10/15, looks like it'll be here around 11/29, about 6 weeks lead time.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Fl Jacket
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Just got word late afternoon my winter CN has shipped!! That's 3 weeks to the day since I ordered + guessing ~1 week to get here. Very happy. Dancing happy. Getttin' weird looks now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast