Well, I started out, at 2215 hours, and approximately 32*f. I got the two 3/8 ccf pads in place, the 27x72lengthwise, and the 20x56 crosswise, for the torso parts. I started out with the synthetic sleeping bag (rated to 14*f) used as a quilt, except for the foot end zipped to form a box. Then it started. My two 1 year old puppies kept on bugging me. They kept on going in and out of the house, as they usually do not have anyone sleeping in the yard. This wouldn't be that much of a problem if I was set up at chair height, as the HH should be, but the fence I was using in the back yard had my butt grazing the dirt, as the suspension lines were set up at approximately 4-5 ft. By midnight, I had closed the zipper, as it was about 27*f, but with dogs comming over to lick me every few minutes, and my butt on the ground, I was not as comfortable as I thought I would be. I seemed warm enough, but the other things needed to be corrected. I will try another hang out later this week, while hunting, away from dogs, yards, and hung up high enough to not get face washes from dogs, bears , whatever. I am not deterred, and I have learned a few things NOT to do next time. In general, it seems that the pads and bag should work.
Any comments?