Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'

SOLD: AARN featherlite freedom Large torso $170 shipped

Hi!

If you always wanted one of these, but the price was too high. This is your chance. The pack has about 20 nights in it, and shows no signs of wear. The dri-sacks are included for the pack and front pockets as well.

I am selling this Aarn featherlite freedom pack because the torso height of the pack is a too big for me. Im getting the same pack again, but sizing down to a small in the torso. I cut some straps off this pack to make it lighter. About 3 Inchs was taken off each strap on the front balance pockets. With these off i can still cram 1 liter of water, several mountain house meals, trail mix, maps, beef jerky, gorp + more in each pocket. I reattached the cut off sections of shoulder tightening straps and load lifter straps since i assumed a buyer would want those in case their body was bigger than mine. They still slide through the plastic piece, you just have to feed it a bit when you try to pull the sewn together piece through. I can do it with one hand. I had this all dialed in to fit me perfectly, then i cut off the excess. The straps to cinch down the pack was also cut shorter, there are three of these. One on the left, one on the right, and one on the front. They still allow the pack to expand to full capacity, excess was just cut off. I found that this pack had tons of unnecessary extra strappage. The cut of portions in no way affect the functioning of the pack, it works just fine, balancing as it should. See the link at the bottom for a gallery of the pack.

Orange boxes are straps that were cut shorter, the shoulder and load lifter straps were reattached.
    Blue boxes were excess strappage that was cut off.
    The hip belt is completely removeable so in the worst case scenario that it is too small for you, just order another one from aarnusa.com

Size: Large torso
    Hipbelt: Small
    Please see http://www.aarnpacks.com for sizing information, click on choosing & using.
    Paypal as a gift please

If it helps in considering the sizing for you:
    I am 5'9.5
    I weight: 150lbs

These retail for $280. I will let it go for 160+10 shipping.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...change4u/Aarn/
    Last edited by ikemouser; 10-18-2010 at 11:41.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    http://www.aarnpacks.com/products/fe...e_freedom.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ikemouser; 10-17-2010 at 16:01.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    AHE JB, Puffer UQ
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    Can the hip belt be changed out? the small is to small for me

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    YEs, i pm'd Danamac in the process of trying this one on and he was willing to swap mine out for a small instead of a large.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    You may pm him first if you wish and see if he will switch it out for you before you buy.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    AHE JB, Puffer UQ
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    I PM'd him and will let you know. Thanks

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Ike,

I'm surprised that the large pack isn't right for you. I have no problems with mine, and I'm 5' 7 1/2". Did you try adjusting the height of the the shoulder strap attachment point (wild guess). I'm not surprised that you're sticking with Aarn packs, though - great system.

I don't think the straps you shortened would affect most people. I haven't cut mine yet, but may some day. I want to see how it works over heavier clothing in winter. I think the freedom of movement and improved balance would make it great for cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.

Whatever the reasoning behind your decision to sell, it's a great deal. It should go fast.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    AHE JB, Puffer UQ
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    PM sent on pack

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Ike,

I'm surprised that the large pack isn't right for you. I have no problems with mine, and I'm 5' 7 1/2". Did you try adjusting the height of the the shoulder strap attachment point (wild guess). I'm not surprised that you're sticking with Aarn packs, though - great system.

I don't think the straps you shortened would affect most people. I haven't cut mine yet, but may some day. I want to see how it works over heavier clothing in winter. I think the freedom of movement and improved balance would make it great for cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.

Whatever the reasoning behind your decision to sell, it's a great deal. It should go fast.
    WV, I was on the borderline between L and S torso sizes. I found the large to be just too big, the pack section was too tall. I will try a small and see if it fits better. I am switching to cuben fiber for most things now anyways and it packs so small. I will be myoging cuben tarps, under and top quilts, waders, gloves, rain wrap, etc. So i will be well below the weight that aarn packs typically carry, but i still love the system too much to switch. Having everything up front and accessible is something that i miss when i use backpacks again. I will let u know how the small works out, its mainly for volume and fit reasons.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I have the small featherlite and I've found that with my gear in the summer time that the "back" pack has plenty of space in it so that I end up rolling the top closure all the way down. Wintertime, my much larger UQ & TQ and more clothes too, end up causing me to use the whole pack with very little room to roll the top closed. (but it does roll up enough to seal). I don't remember, what is the cu. size of the small vs the large backpack portion of this pack??? I'm guessing that the front pockets will remain the same??

I haven't cut any of my straps but have found that I've got "lots" of spare hanging all over the place and usually end up tucking them in somewhere. I may cut them after a few more winter trips.

TinaLouise

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast