WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings

Ohangers

Fellow Columbus dweller and forum member Rip Waverly and I were planning on hanging at Zaleski the weekend of Nov. 11, 12, 13, 14th; any of those days as we have relatively flexible schedules.

Hate having to hike in/cache water at Wildcat, but wonder the capabilities of Zaleski being able to handle more than a handful of hangers. Chime in with any ideas.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    All of the camping areas I saw had ample water in the supplied (Underground) water tanks with "frost free" faucets. I don't know if they maintain / fill them in the colder weather. As to the campsites: I went to C & D & there was AMPLE room for at least 20 hangers.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings

Zaleski v.s. Wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    All of the camping areas I saw had ample water in the supplied (Underground) water tanks with "frost free" faucets. I don't know if they maintain / fill them in the colder weather. As to the campsites: I went to C & D & there was AMPLE room for at least 20 hangers.
    The reasons you mentioned are the exact reasons that I prefer Zaleski to Wildcat. According to the Zaleski brochure - "Water may not be provided in winter when access roads are impassable." So I assume that means truly when the snow is flying. I have not had any problems with the water supply being empty.

Compared to the Wildcat trail that has no potable water and all water must be packed in or cached at a road crossing.

I didn't stop to think that there the multiple "sites" at each site at Zaleski, so there would be ample room.

Compared to Wildcat where you are not locked down to sites and can pitch up anywhere there are a few good trees.

I also like the multiple options that Zaleski offers as far as mileage is concerned.

So, Zaleski or Wildcat? or none of course if the dates don't work for the masses.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    I work Thursday & Sunday, not really feasible for me to do a 2 day trip with a 4 hr drive, each way.

At the Last Zaleski hangout, Everyone in the group was very impressed by the trail maintenance that was done. We were not terribly impressed by the view (Yep, one ) but the hiking was unanimously proclaimed "Great!"

Important note: The access road is open to the public, DO NOT PARK ON THIS ROAD! DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT PARKING ON THIS ROAD! I was advised by a local that your car WILL be towed, "Usually within an hour or so". Basically: if it isn't a marked parking area, don't leave your car there for any reason, even "for just a minute to tote supplies in".

Yall have fun, I did.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I wish I could make it out to this hang. Unfortuently I have plans to visit the in laws. Yay, haha. Hopefully some ohio folk decide to have another soon, or maybe early sping. Have you guys thought about shawnee? I just got back from there and it was wonderful but tough for me. I'm a bit out of shape. It would be great for a 4 day trip and has plenty of forest roads to for late arrivers to meet up with others quicker.

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    the down side to zaleski is the over crowding in the main camping areas. Zaleski is a very popular spot for troops of boy scouts. If we got into the northern loop, that may be better off, but I am not sure of availability of good hanging. Wildcat hollow's southern loop is short enough for an overnight and you can bring enough water, or you can cache water up top. I have only ever done the suthern loop. Either way, I am sure it will be a good time. Date works for me.

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    oh, never had a problem not getting water at zaleski sisterns, especially this early in season. It probably won't have even snowed yet. If we do zaleski, my vote is for northern loop. yes there is water up there.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch

Date Change Anyone????

i was supposed to be able make the nov. 13 date, but now cannot.
    i have the in-laws rolling into town.

any chance the following weekend works?? nov. 18 - 21'ish??

being right before thanksgiving, some mashed taters , turkey and cranberry sound in order.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings

Weekend of the 20th

Consider me in. Dates actually work better for me anyways.

Dressing and gravy.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch

Ohio Hang

bump -

ohio hang. nov 19 - 21