OK I know "to get a consistent sag" every time. But I am just not satisfied with that answer.

As I am laying in my WBBB and looking at this sagging RL that I can bend into a 90* angle with my hands I begin to wonder what is your purpose, how do you work because your sagging and not tight, how do I adjust you. so on and so forth. Obviously it will come in handy when it comes time to hang stuff up like a head lamp, bandanna, etc.

To me it seems like a line of cord (amsteel?) running through some cloth...so how does this dictate sag? Or is running through and then comes out the end and wraps around the gathered end, ties it off, and then continues to go out and attach to the buckles? If that is the case then I can see how it controls sag.

Those that don't have RL in their hammocks how do you control sag or set your hammock up. I mean if you do with out it, what is the point of it.

How is it adjusted, do I have to undo my gather and re-tie it. If that is the case then I am not touching it. There is some fancy tying going on in my hammock and I don't even want to mess with it. I am not a knot tier in any way shape or form.

How does it control the sag/real purpose of development, I mean the technical jargon of things. What makes it tick, lets get down and dirty and techno tardy on this one.

OK I think I have rambled on enough. Now your all's turn.