Just got back from a 3day/2night trip on the Thunder Swamp Trail System in PA. This trip I tried out a couple new pieces of gear.

1. ULA Circuit pack - I took it on a 3 mile hike before but never overnight. I really, really like this thing. It makes a huge difference on my shoulders.

2. WhoOpie Slings - This trip is the first time I used my WhoOpie slings, toggles and new straps. I have to admit, I was a little cautious when I first got in the hammock using them because I just couldn't believe these things were going to support me. Man, what a difference. The ENO Singlenest was tight and I laid straighter than I ever have. I'm really impressed with them. One thing that threw me off for a minute was I tried to adjust them while I had all my gear in the hammock and soon learned that the weight was not allowing me to adjust the whoopies. I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong. Well, it was before my morning coffee so maybe that was my problem. A buddy of mine who was with me this trip want's me to order him a set-up after he saw them in action. Anyway, I love 'em.

Here are a few pictures from the trip...

The days were around 60 degrees and colorful. Nights were upper 30's but at at around 3am the second night it shot up to 45...

Here is a little island we decided to use the first night...

My hammock set-up on day 2 and a shot of the creek on the walk out...