Banned
    Images

SOLD: MBD Bongo pro

Hey All,

I have a MBD Bongo pro up for sale.

It is pretty new. It is from his most recent batch of these. It has maybe 25-35 minutes of usage on it.

It will not include the 8oz bottle and cap (I gave it away to some guy on a trail who really one, I was on my way out of the trail, he was on his way in). It will cost you $12 bucks or so to get a new one from MBD. Sorry about this.

In regards to this stove:

I think this is a great weekend stove. It is fairly UL and very easy to use, though tall narrow pots have stability issues. If you use short fat pots this thing is very stable.

It can boil water slightly faster than a Squirrel Cage and pretty close to a standard pressurized MBD atomic. Of course, the mini-atomic will still walk all over this sucker - but, unlike the mini-atomic, this has the ability to keep fuel going into it for more than 10 minutes.

As I said, this is a great overnighter or weekend backpacker stove for folks who need to do 10+ minute cooking - and many of us think it is perhaps the best 10+ minute non-wood stove out there.

For me, it is just to cumbersome, to heavy, and too much of everything for my long distance thru-hikes. I almost never do overnighters and weekend camping anymore. If I go out, it's for weeks or months. I just have no need for this.

It will come with the stove itself (including the three pot supports) and some extra flint. That's it. As such, I will willing to take a fair lost on what I paid for it.

As most of you know the MDB top-end stoves almost never depreciate in price. Most other folks selling wait for them to go out of stock and sell at the original price. While I am not going to do that, I am also not going to take a massive price hit on what is pretty much a brand new stove. As such, I would like to get $65+sh conus only, via paypal personal gift.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Redwood Guy; 10-12-2010 at 12:01. Reason: added price (opps, forgot too)

Banned
    Images
    This stove is still for sale

by the way, I have located (amazing what we find in our misc draw of camping gear) one of the original bottles plus a black cap for it.

So, that will make this a complete setup.

Price is still $65.00 bucks.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I already have the stove, otherwise I would take it in a heartbeat. Just wanted to let everybody know that this is a great stove at an excellent price for what it is. As it is, I would "almost" want another one just to have the extra parts, not that I think this stove would ever break on me.

Banned
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cfisch9 View Post
    I already have the stove, otherwise I would take it in a heartbeat. Just wanted to let everybody know that this is a great stove at an excellent price for what it is. As it is, I would "almost" want another one just to have the extra parts, not that I think this stove would ever break on me.
    Yeah, totally agree.

If it fit into what I am doing these days, there is no way I would sell this. I agree you'd never ever break one of these things. Loose one of the little stands yes, but never break one. Thankfully tinny continues to sell the little stands - though I've never lost one.

Banned
    Images
    Hey All,

I am getting a boat load of PM's from folks outside the USA.

This is a conus only shipping as indicated in first post.

Sorry

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Guy View Post
    Hey All,

I am getting a boat load of PM's from folks outside the USA.

This is a conus only shipping as indicated in first post.

Sorry

No problem, must admit I didn't see that bit sorry

I'll take it, sending pm...

Banned
    Images
    weehoooo!!!!

Okie, this has been sold. Cannot believe it took this long. Killer price for a killer stove... thought it would have gone within minutes. Guess everybody is buying UQ's right now

• + New Posts