I finished my under quilt a while ago and now I am waiting for the extra down I needed for the top quilt. I also must not I made this huge because I intended to use it only for Jeep camping and never backpacking. Right now the quilt is too hot to try in the house so I will report on the warmth when I get out next. I imagine it will go down to 0*
I marked the baffles out using a grease pencil and the long piece of angle Aluminum. for the edges and a large framing square for the individual baffles. The dimensions for this are.
(80x45x3.25)/800 = 14.62 (actual down used - 24oz.)
Black and Grey
26' 3.25 wide
3.75" cut width
Outside fabric laid out on kitchen floor.
Baffles Sewn on
The top, bottom and sides sewn ready for stuffing
For the side I simply cut the bottom out wider and longer and sewed them up and put a seam in so it would be more rigid
Tent in the living room, vacuum inside with no-seeum on the end, ready for the mess.
I didn't loose any down with the vacuum like this I could just pick the down off the end of the vacuum and stick in back in the quilt. As I got to the end I pinned the sides in. On the top quilt when I fill it I will use ductape and close it off more before I start stuffing.
And Finished, This took me in total minus wait time, 3 days to complete.
Top quilt next I am only doing 2" baffles on that.