Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images

Caeser Creek State Park OH

I did the 13 mile backpacker's loop a couple weeks ago and just now getting around to the pics and report. I made reservations to camp at the newly designated backpacker's campsite at the fifty springs picnic area. This amounts to just calling them and giving them your name and number. I parked at the visitors center off clarksville road. I finally hit the trail and headed around the south side of the loop taking the yellow blaze trail. I was a little confused upon entering the Pioneer Village but was able to pick up the trail again on the road leaving the village. If you pay attention you will see yellow blazes on the asphault and street signs where the trail leaves the woods. That six and half miles or so wore me out and I settled in at fifty springs a little outside of the backpacker's camp due to the lack of trees on that site. There seemed to be alot of late night traffic and saw some flashlights in the picnic area well after dark, thank goodness I was tucked away out of sight unaffected. I'm not sure what all the lights were for but I was the only backpacker there but I guess it could have been some late comers. I woke up to coyotes nearby and had breakfast and took my time breaking camp. I was able to get water from the fountain at the picnic area bathrooms. The bathrooms themselves are all locked up due to lack of funds. I relunctantly continued the trail because I was wore out from the day before but I pressed on over the bridge on Rt 73 and to the left into the woods again. The blue blaze trail picks up along the north side of the loop. This is the part of the Buckeye Trail that goes around the entire state of Ohio. The trees were beautiful and vistas of the lake kept me going. There were plenty of times when I wanted to give up and catch a ride but I am glad I saw it through. This has been my most milage in a 24 hour period. I ran across some guys that were just finishing the whole loop in a day and I thought they surely must have had segways stowed away somewhere. It's gonna be my goal to do that kind of milage by next spring. Anyways I recommend this loop to anyone. I enjoyed my time in the woods and felt good about finishing. Enjoy the pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    GG w/ homemade SPE
    Suspension
    Ring buckles
    Images
    Thanks for the trip report! I live pretty close to this park and have been debating going out there for an overnighter. I think this gives me the motivation I needed!
    "Even cowards can endure hardship; only the brave can endure suspense." -Mignon McLaughlin

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgueam View Post
    Thanks for the trip report! I live pretty close to this park and have been debating going out there for an overnighter. I think this gives me the motivation I needed!
    I want to get back and do the loop in reverse.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Good report. I keep putting off doing that hike, don't like established campgrounds & after seeing the one on center rd a few years ago, YUK! But if I can hang on the edge,,,,,,,,

I Think a complete loop of the lake is possible with some moderate road walking. Was actually thinking of doing that this weekend (Thursday - Monday). The NE section probably would mean bushwacking to Center rd at the campground. The E central section would be on the very well maintained Mt Bike trail, connecting to your loop via Harveysburg Rd & 73. (although just to avoid traffic on 73 as much as possible I think I'd go through town on the surface rds.)

May "just" do "Your loop" as I havent been in that part of the park yet.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    looks like nice hiking area, thanks for sharing
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Nice trip report. Thanks for sharing.

• + New Posts