Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Nightime relief question :

Any urologists in the house?

I am 60, and that means I get up once per night for a "relief break." No problem with that, I expect it. At home, that is.

But why is is when I am super-comfortable in my hammock, back warmed by a UQ, having NOT consumed massive quantities of legal beverages or coke or tea or coffee, that I have to rise for relief two or three times per night? Makes no sense to me. I would think that being comfy and pressure-point free would tend to keep me sleeping, bu noooooooooo.

Jim

I think the hammock can have a tendency to "kinda" squeeze you like a toothpaste tube. I think you get the picture. I'm sorry. That is my scientific observation and I have not been able to back this up with facts.
    We will never conquer a mountain. The mountain allows us to visit and with enough time asks us to kindly go back down. And sits in peace with or without our presence.
    my quote.

I needed to add a smiley face to my comment. Forgot that one. No- I was not born in a barn and I truly believe that urine and toothpaste should not be used in the same paragraph.
    We will never conquer a mountain. The mountain allows us to visit and with enough time asks us to kindly go back down. And sits in peace with or without our presence.
    my quote.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    i get up at least 1 time to "water the grass"
    if your getting up alot at night could mean your body is cold...
    it takes alot for your body to keep your pee warm...so it will want to release it as much as it can....

or it could be your just so relaxed that your bladder is filling up faster

or it could be your getting old J/K

i know i get up more while hanging to "water the grass" then i do at home...
    i just take it as my body adjusting to the woods ....or something like that
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    I try to go before I retire for the night even if I don't feel like I need one. If I do wake up at some point and feel the urge then the best thing I can do is get up straight away and just get on with it, I've laid there thinking about it too many times before so now I have to discipline myself to get out of my sack.

I think it sounds like it's probably an age thing but maybe your doc can help ? Failing that get a wide mouthed Nalgene and put some textured tape on it so you can ID it in the dark.

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Ok Jsaults I have your answer sort of. I remembered this thread right away and just had to try a couple of searches to find it. Lots of good info and opinions in this one. Maybe even a bit of comedy. I hope it helps and happy reading.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE prototype hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo hi and low
    Suspension
    strap/ring buckle
    I am only 50. I am female. Last I looked, I don't have a prostate. I have the same night time issues while sleeping outdoors. I think it is because in camp, I am not totally and completely stress free. As secure as I may feel, and as warm and comfy as I may be, noises wake me 4-5 times/night. Once I am awake, I am aware of my bladder. Like Shewie, I may as well get up and get it over with.

Millarky, who is waiting for the half bath hammock.
    The gene pool needs a life guard.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    Any urologists in the house?

I am 60, and that means I get up once per night for a "relief break." No problem with that, I expect it. At home, that is.

Jim
    I'm 58 and would trade you for night calls in a heart beat...once in a night is worthy of an actual journal entry. BTW medical solutions should be avoided for as long as possible as there can be some not fun side effects.

That said (warning "T" word to follow) when tent camping I keep a screw top jug handy. As soon as the hammock finds a remote overnight spot, I plan to work on that aspect of cold weather management. Maybe a Prusik knot on the zipper side tie out for the "chamber pot".

Anyone here use the jug method in their rigs?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Do you have sleep apnea (obstructed airway when sleeping)? When you sleep at home do you sleep on your side? and on your back in your hammock?

It's conceivable that if you had a small degree of sleep apnea you may move around more at home which would relieve any apnea without actually waking you up. In a hammock you may be more still and lying on your back longer which would increase any apnea. The apnea can increase heart rate, blood pressure and other factors that would cause an increase in urine production. Just a guess.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I think your body naturally wants to get rid of any amount in order to not to expel energy keeping it warm.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast