diy DL HH explorer asym w/shelf
    Tarp
    jrb hex spinn
    Insulation
    winter crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies/toggles

last q before I order

ok guys and gals, been looking at different uq models and it's down to these two: winter crow's nest or winter yeti
    they both look like great gear, well made, but what are the main differences between both, the crow's nest is a bit heavier but not by much!

so what are your preferences?
    I'll be using it on an hh asym
    never done business with either of them so I'm unsure on which to get

hope I'm not stirring the pot too much

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Sleeping BearTQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    I think the biggest difference is that the Crowsnest is a longer UQ. Is your HH a bottom entry? Both are really good products. Can't go wrong with either as far as quality.
    "We don't stop hiking because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop hiking."

-- Finis Mitchell,

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Having done business with both Stormcrow and Warbonnetguy, I can say both have exceptional customer service and both will go above and beyond to keep their customers happy. That said, the main difference between a Winter Yeti and a Winter Crowsnest is length, with the former being 2/3 length and the latter being 3/4 length. So the main difference is just a few inches of length. In all honesty, there is no wrong choice here. Both are great guys that make great gear.
    Last edited by Hooch; 10-26-2010 at 19:45.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    I had a Yeti and loved it but sold it; I like a full length quilt and WarbonnetGuy doesn't do full length (currently). So I ordered a Winter Incubator.

Both are fantastic products made by people on this board; I don't think you'll be disappointed with either one at all.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge (Spinn UL)
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Multimat
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    So far as I know, the main difference is length as others noted. Other differences are I believe the yeti has a slight asymmetrical shape for accommodating diagonal lay, and it uses draft tubes rather than just cinching up around the hammock.

I just ordered a 3-Season Crowsnest myself, looked at the yeti but I really wanted the longer 3/4 length, and the Crowsnest is also wider as well. I thought about it long and hard, especially with the WarBonnet sale going on right now, but decided I wanted the extra coverage. For 15.7 oz the crowsnest w/900 fill power down should be good to around 15 degrees. Winter yeti would be 0 degrees for 18.5 ounces, but I'd likely have to carry an additional pad anyway for under my legs, so I figured the weight was about comparable.

Hammock
    Tarp
    jrb hex spinn
    Insulation
    winter crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies/toggles
    so the winter crow's nest at 21.5 oz is a 3/4 length and the winter yeti is a 2/3 at 18.5
    are there any major differences in the type of suspension on either or are the suspensions similar? ( I know I said it would be my last Q but I want to make an informed decision)

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Winter UQ of choice full length and with an entrance slit that marries to the HH is the JRB Winter Nest...http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Hennessy...r%20Quilts.htm

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1diver View Post
    so the winter crow's nest at 21.5 oz is a 3/4 length and the winter yeti is a 2/3 at 18.5
    are there any major differences in the type of suspension on either or are the suspensions similar? ( I know I said it would be my last Q but I want to make an informed decision)
    Both UQ's utilize pretty much the same suspension method. They both have shock cord running through channels on the side of the UQ for quick and easy adjustability.

Both hammocks are sub-full length, but that can be a good thing for someone who's looking to lighten up. You'll probably have to wait for both quilts, but a wait is a good thing. This means their product is in demand because it's well received by the hammocking community. Like I said, there really is no wrong choice on this.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I am biased, but Stormcrow's quilts hug a hammock better than any other quilt out there. I own JRB quilts, Warbonnet's quilts, and HammockGear's quilts, and while the suspensions are similar, the fit is quite different in each case. The way that Stormcrow makes his quilts is darn near fiddle proof, unlike each of the others listed. Nothing bad to say about the others, just that I have spent a lot of nights in these different quilts and the only one that snugs with very little adjustment and no shifting during the night for me is the ones that Stormcrow makes.

Hammock
    Tarp
    jrb hex spinn
    Insulation
    winter crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies/toggles

it's ordered

O.k. thanks for all your answers, I've just ordered a winter crow's nest, now the hard part, having to wait for it to arrive
    nope still not here

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast