Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

For Sale: 1850 Lbs Mule Tape - 5/8" wide

IMPORTANT CORRECTION: THIS STUFF IS 5/8" Wide NOT 3/4!!!

WARNING: I SCREWED UP! The initial offer is VOID.

Initial shipping estimates and cost offers were Flawed! My sincere apologies, but the SMALL Flat Rate box cannot hold more than 120 feet of mule tape.

There's been some discussion on the DIY forum so I received some USED Mule Tape.

This is Polyester pulling tape rated at 1850lbs breaking strength (Safe working load is typically 1/4th to 1/5th the breaking strength.) It's white, 5/8" wide, and slippery. 10' weighs approximately 1.5 ounces. (.15 ounces/ft)

Since there was some interest on this thread, I thought I'd see if it was worth getting more and passing it along to my HF friends.

Since I get this stuff as a tangled mess, it takes a bit of work to separate it, box it up, and ship it out.

Please let me know if you're interested in some of this.
    Based on the fact that it takes me a while to detangle, cut, and measure this tape, I'll ship this stuff out for:

Flat Rate Small box: -- Please see thread page 5, post #50...

Since this tape is a tangled mess, you would receive a random assortment of lengths, with each piece being a minimum of 20' long. Most of it is clean, some ends are dirty. All of it has residue of pulling lube, and should be washed out as it reconstitutes when it gets wet.

Given supply, it may take me 2 weeks or more to get orders together, so I'm just checking interest to see if anybody wants some... If there's enough interest, I'll get more tape and start boxing it up. Payment won't be accepted until I'm ready to ship... Replies to this thread will be considered interest only, pending product availability.

All proceeds go to my kids, who will be packing the boxes. My daughter (12) will use the proceeds to help pay for an educational program that will take her to Australia for 2 weeks. My son (9) will likely use his proceeds to buy toys that he wants, since I, apparently, want him to understand the value of work and money and won't buy him everything he wants...

Please reply to this thread if you're interested.

John
    Last edited by JohnSawyer; 09-25-2010 at 00:51. Reason: Couldn't fit 200' in a small box... ugh
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Good deal! I have been wanting some of this since I read your thread about this. Put me down for one. PM me when you are ready for payment.
    Terry

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Put me on the list too.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    It is some good stuff. I have been using it for my suspension on my SBPro.
    Chris

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    I recieved my box of this stuff the other day from JohnSawyer on the earlier thread.
    Guys, I think this is some pretty good stuff and I'll be outfitting all my new Boy Scout hammocks with it.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    USGI PL UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps
    i'm in!
    what was the tape used to pull? pulling lube??? what is the history of this? would make for great campfire stories...

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    I believe it's most commonly used to pull wires through conduit, but if you come up with a good story, I'll back you up on it.

Yep, that's the way it happened.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    It was used to pull fiberoptic cables in conduits beneath the roads of San Diego. The pulling lube is water based, comes in 5 gallon buckets... It's KY for cables... It keeps the cable from being damaged while pulling long distances (1000' or more sometimes) and reduces the amount of force required to pull the cables... (They've BROKEN mule tape on occasion!)

That said, the residues, if allowed to stay wet sometimes get a bit stinky... like urine. So a good hosing is in order for the tape. Before hanging, please inspect the tape for damage. I accept no responsibility for your use of this USED product for other than it's intended purpose.

That said, I've used this stuff quite a few times to hang my 210lb bulk...

Oh, this stuff is: the Bull-Line brand from A-D technologies. model WP18... OOPS: I Just figured out it's 5/8" (16mm) wide!
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Did you ever PM me the paypal info? I looked and couldn't find anything. I'ma tard...
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Senior Member leepingreenlizards's Avatar
    Images
    Can this stuff be dyed and how much stretch can I expect before it settles down?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    There's been some discussion on the DIY forum so I received some USED Mule Tape.

This is Polyester pulling tape rated at 1850lbs breaking strength (Safe working load is typically 1/4th to 1/5th the breaking strength.) It's white, 3/4" wide, and slippery. 10' weighs approximately 1.5 ounces. (.15 ounces/ft)

Since there was some interest on this thread, I thought I'd see if it was worth getting more and passing it along to my HF friends.

Since I get this stuff as a tangled mess, it takes a bit of work to separate it, box it up, and ship it out.

Please let me know if you're interested in some of this.
    Based on the fact that it takes me a while to detangle, cut, and measure this tape, I'll ship this stuff out for:

Flat Rate Small box: Holds a minimum of 200' $6 + $5 shipping

Since this tape is a tangled mess, you would receive a random assortment of lengths, with each piece being a minimum of 10' long. Most of it is clean, some ends are dirty. All of it has residue of pulling lube, and should be washed out as it reconstitutes when it gets wet.

Given supply, it may take me 2 weeks to get orders together, so I'm just checking interest to see if anybody wants some... If there's enough interest, I'll get more tape and start boxing it up. Payment won't be accepted until I'm ready to ship... Replies to this thread will be considered interest only, pending product availability.

All proceeds go to my kids, who will be packing the boxes. My daughter (12) will use the proceeds to help pay for an educational program that will take her to Australia for 2 weeks. My son (9) will likely use his proceeds to buy toys that he wants, since I, apparently, want him to understand the value of work and money and won't buy him everything he wants...

Please reply to this thread if you're interested.

John

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast