DIY CamoHammo
    Tarp
    DIY Catcut
    Insulation
    Body fat!
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Cadpat HH clone hammock

Stayed up late last night and finished up my Cadpat hammock patterned after Head Change's Hennessy clone. I used the Capdat woodland nylon I got from Barre's. Hardest part was putting in the tieouts. I used some pack cloth with Spectra from the scraps WV sent me, man that stuff is hard to cut! Had a little trouble getting the sandwich of hammock, pack cloth and webbing to hold still and I got a little ahead of myself and sewed one of them all the way down on one side before I remembered part of it is supposed to stick out. That gave me some training with the seam ripper.

ONe problem, the only rope I had to make the ridgeline loop was 1/8" Amsteel. Hoping the knot is big enough to keep this from pulling out. What would be a better rope for this? HC used Spectra, can't seem to find this anywhere except for fishing line. Also, what should I use for the tie outs? Thinking shock cord and I have some of this. Need to brush up on how to tie shock cord, zero experience with this stuff.

My whoopies are too long for this so going to work on some shorter ones while I watch Missouri/Nebraska (go MU!) today.

Really like the looks of this though I haven't laid in it yet. Here's some pics:

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Looks awesome, I love the dark camo fabric.

Since cutting amsteel/dyneema/etc. is really hard on a blade, I normally use single-edge razor blades or a utility knife and a block of wood... you can get nice, clean cuts that way.

RE: Tie-outs: I don't have any, but everything I've seen says use shock cord.

Knotting up shock cord isn't a big deal, just pick your favorite knot... My doors on my tarp have shock cords, and I just tied a bowline... holds fine.

Nice job!
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

• + New Posts