Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

the 4th annuall mid tenn hang was a blast

We had perfect weather and way to much food. Attendies. TnHillbilly .Ewker. Suzie. Neo. Jack rabbit. Rock dog. Lazy boy. Sun strike. Mandy. Sheila. Big bama guy. Rain man. fish bone. Lee and his son.neo
    Last edited by neo; 10-31-2010 at 19:10.
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    friday night some of us ate dinner in hohenwald at rio colorado mexican resturant in town.saturday morning we drove to lawerenceburg at ate breakfast at david crocket state park.
    saturday nights dinner.ekwer and suzie brought thier smoker and went all out and did 4 racks of ribbs and pork steaks.the rub seasoning suzie used is her own reciepe,best seasoning rub i have ever tasted,we had 5 dutch ovens in action,rock dogs monkey bread was great,my favorite one was with raisons,tnhillbilly did his world famous chocolit turtle cake and tater cheese bacon onion casserole.
    lazy boy brought his wifes excellent sour dough bread.i did a pech cobbler,
    rain man did ceaser salad,fishbone did baked beans,and fire strike did a green bean casserole,

we had a couple new comers lee and his son from memphis and fire strike from memphis.shelia visited us on the hang back in may.she did her 1st hang saturday nite in a clark jungle north american nx 200,she loved it.
    i will be posting pictures soon as i unpack.thank everyone for coming and all the good fun,food and frienshipneo
    the matrix has you

Man I see where I rank. I was there most of the time. tnhillbilly
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the
    way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes
    the difference.' Edna Ellison

I had a great time. Enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones. Lowest temperature for the weekend was about 28. Lowest temp ever for me. I hung Thursday - Saturday. All the food of course was great and the campfire time was very enjoyable. We solved most of the world problems and still had time for some hammock stories.
    On a side note, I left early Saturday morning to go take my grandson (13 years old) deer hunting. He got a 4 point buck. First ever for him. Nice 150 yard shot. Proud of him
    I was back at the camp by about noon.
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the
    way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes
    the difference.' Edna Ellison

Hammock
    XLC
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    wookie
    Suspension
    whoopies
    We had an ABSOLUTE blast! My son talked all the way home asking when we could go again. I learned SO much about UL camping this weekend and can't thank everyone for all of their advice/suggestions/tips etc. Thanks again to lazyboy for the whoopies also!

I have already placed an order for several items based on what I learned/saw/tested this weekend.

Here are a few pics that I took:

Our setup for the weekend.

Checking out everyones toys (INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!!!!! LOL)

I have already told my wife that we are all going in the spring to this hang.

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhillbilly View Post
    I had a great time. Enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones. Lowest temperature for the weekend was about 28. Lowest temp ever for me. I hung Thursday - Saturday. All the food of course was great and the campfire time was very enjoyable. We solved most of the world problems and still had time for some hammock stories.
    On a side note, I left early Saturday morning to go take my grandson (13 years old) deer hunting. He got a 4 point buck. First ever for him. Nice 150 yard shot. Proud of him
    I was back at the camp by about noon.
    i really thought it was so cool when tnhillbilly told us about baily getting his
    1st deer saturday morningneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    my yougest son logan did the unthinkable,he sleplt with out a pad or underquilt and said he was warm except his feet.i tried to get him to use a padneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Thumbs up

As always, a fun time was had by all. Thanks, Neo!

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tnhillbilly View Post
    Man I see where I rank. I was there most of the time. tnhillbilly
    man you rank high on the list with everybody.always glad to see you tnhillbilly.we missed seeing bailey this time,but i am glad you got to take him hunting ang he got his 1st deerneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    We, MandyDawn and myself, got to the hang on Friday evening around 8pm. This was a great time for us due to the fact that we met at the Spring Hang that NEO hosted and have been hanging together ever since. Once we got all the gear set-up we joined the conversations at the fire ring. We knew some of the ham-hockers, inside joke for those who were there and should be Suzie's new trailname , and were introduced to the newcomers. After we warmed up and had many laughs we retired to the hammocks for a chilly evening in our new DIY KAQ UQ's. The temperature that was reported by Weatherbug.com at 6:30am on Saturday morning was 27.4 degrees F, an all time low for Mandy and myself. We did supplement the quilts with a blue CCF keister pad as we exceeded the limits of our quilts.

Saturday:
    Breakfast as DCSP was wonderful and plentiful. The semi-annual piligrimage to Sgt. Troy's yielded things for everyone. I got fleece socks, Mandy got fluffy wool socks and a NEO pad ($2)that she used that night. While we were out we picked up Sheila and then made it back to camp for the gear display and gear making session. Lazyboy PM me your address and we will get you one of the antique alcohol stoves that we showed you to replace your Trangia. And then the FOOD FEAST began!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything was great, wonderful, exceptional, devine, have I used enough adjectives?????? I would like to mention our camp guest at this point, John and Mike, who were riding the Natchez Trace on bicycles over the next week. They enjoyed dinner with us and could not believe the meals that were made out in the woods. They were sleeping in bivy bags and were thoroughly intrigued by all of the hammocks that were on display in Hammockville. After about three hours of trying to get out of the camp chair we prepared for another evening in the hammock. Sheila is now a convert and has determined that she will be purchasing herself one for Christmas.

Sunday morning everyone enjoyed left over sausage, monkey bread and some of Lazyboy's wifes fabulous Sourdough bread. If she is not considering marketing this product would she please send me a loaf and possibly the recipe???????? After all of this we got packed up and prepared our day ahead of moving Mandydawn's storage items from Hohenwald to Gadsden where she now lives with me!!!!!!

One un-invited guest was found at the hang this time while we were there................Suzie did manage to find a Black Widow under her sleeping bag in the tent she and Ewker were sharing.

To all of the ham-hockers who were there this weekend..........Thank You for wonderful weekend and We hope to see you all again in the Spring or sooner on the trail.

Pictures to post tomorrow, we are trying to relax from all of the moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast