Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images

SOLD: JRB Bridge Hammock

FS: JRB Bridge Hammock

- used only for testing and evaluating Bridge Hammock design
    - 'new' condition
    - includes silnylon stuff sack, bug net, spreader bars, instructions, webbing

Everything with this hammock is 'as shipped from JRB'.

I bought this during the 'early order' period on a whim. After having followed the development of the bridge hammock thread, I wanted to give one a try. While it is a very nice hammock whose design has much potential, I already realize that I will not be happy enough with it to use it long-term instead of one of my other hammocks. I've decided to keep my gear closet limited to items I actually regularly use, so my dissatisfaction is your gain.

This is a great opportunity for anyone curious about the bridge-hammocks to get a good deal on one (before the main production run, even).

JRB says that they will send a new and improved bugnet later this month. I will forward that along to the buyer at that time.

$130 shipped to the lower 48. PayPal preferred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I do not want to 'review' the hammock in this thread.

- I know that I could return it to JRB, but I hate returning something that isn't 'defective'. This hammock is a new product, and I knew what I was getting into when I ordered. I want to give someone else the chance to try it, and this would be beneficial for both me and the buyer. This is a very fair discount for an 'only tested' item.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    FS: JRB Bridge Hammock

- used only for testing and evaluating Bridge Hammock design
    - 'new' condition
    - includes silnylon stuff sack, bug net, spreader bars, instructions, webbing

Everything with this hammock is 'as shipped from JRB'.

I bought this during the 'early order' period on a whim. After having followed the development of the bridge hammock thread, I wanted to give one a try. While it is a very nice hammock whose design has much potential, I already realize that I will not be happy enough with it to use it long-term instead of one of my other hammocks. I've decided to keep my gear closet limited to items I actually regularly use, so my dissatisfaction is your gain.

This is a great opportunity for anyone curious about the bridge-hammocks to get a good deal on one (before the main production run, even).

JRB says that they will send a new and improved bugnet later this month. I will forward that along to the buyer at that time.

$130 shipped to the lower 48. PayPal preferred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I do not want to 'review' the hammock in this thread.

- I know that I could return it to JRB, but I hate returning something that isn't 'defective'. This hammock is a new product, and I knew what I was getting into when I ordered. I want to give someone else the chance to try it, and this would be beneficial for both me and the buyer. This is a very fair discount for an 'only tested' item.
    Angrysparrow,

Jacks R Better has a 100% satisfaction guarentee.... Send that hammock back for a full refund of your introductory special price... There are plenty of folk waitin to take possesion of one of the Bear Mountain Bridge Hammocks.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Semper_paratus

Bridge hammock

PM sent with offer to buy

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    If you decide not to send it back and don't sell it to someone else send me a PM. I will probably take it.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Angrysparrow,

Jacks R Better has a 100% satisfaction guarentee.... Send that hammock back for a full refund of your introductory special price... There are plenty of folk waitin to take possesion of one of the Bear Mountain Bridge Hammocks.

Pan
    I appreciate that, Pan. However, you provided a product to me that is in no way defective or compromised. The hammock simply doesn't fit my particular needs in a hammock, but I did enjoy giving it a close examination and test run. I don't like 'returns' that aren't caused by some defect. I knew very well what I was buying, and I assumed the risk of doing so.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Hammock is Sold! Thanks for the overwhelming response everyone!

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    wow that was quick
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I appreciate that, Pan. However, you provided a product to me that is in no way defective or compromised. The hammock simply doesn't fit my particular needs in a hammock, but I did enjoy giving it a close examination and test run. I don't like 'returns' that aren't caused by some defect. I knew very well what I was buying, and I assumed the risk of doing so.

Working in an outdoor shop myself, i very much apreciate this kind of thinking.
    Here is the kind of a customer who takes responsibility for his actions!
    I aplaud!!
    As an explanation, we had in the last weeks two customers of a very different kind in the shop:
    One who complained that the Vibram sole of his hiking boots were showing a cut, 15mm long, in one of the blocks. he didnt accept our explanation that this can be quite coomon when walking and threading on, perhaps, a piece of glass or a quartz crystell embedded in granite.
    The other bought a pair of Fjellraven trousers and on the first tour managed to get a small cut at the back from sitting somewhere. He was very insitend that this shouldnt happen.
    Oh my.
    Angrysparrow, you rock!!

I can imagine what it must be like. I buy lots from EMS, and one time in their techwick (lightweight performance shirts series) i found a large slit in mine. it was not through, but like a thread was pulled. I brought the shirt in asking what I could do about it (I thought I did it) but they insisted they trade it in for a new one, thinking it happed during packaging.

• + New Posts