Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    I made an loop with an overhand knot with both of the web straps and then use the ring buckle system for attaching the hammock to the trees with webbing I bought at EMS. I'm going to replace the hammock webbing with some rope to cut down on the weight. I've found, however, that sliding the hammock up the webbing before getting into it seems to improve the lay of the hammock.

For inside pockets, I just tied a rope with a tautline hitch through the loops on the inside of the bug net. It gives me a clothsline running the length of the hammock and can be adjusted for tension after I've set the hammock up. I then took a zip lock bag and attached a loop of duct tape to one side near the top, just under the zipper, punched a hole in the duct tape, and use a $1 carabiner from Walmart to attach the bag to the line. I can slide it up and down the line.

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    Switchback Diamond
    Insulation
    Polar Pod
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle
    Images
    Mule, those are Speer staps, made 14 ft. long. You can add the rope and ring buckles ( I ordered mine fron REI ) and use the stock staps. They are nylon and will streach quite a bit, but work ok with the buckles. I am still using the stock straps on my expedition and they are holding up fine. If you are interested, my Jungle model rigged as you see it, with ring buckles and figure 9's, weighs in at 3lbs. 12oz. including the fly.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smithobx View Post
    Mule, those are Speer staps, made 14 ft. long. You can add the rope and ring buckles ( I ordered mine fron REI ) and use the stock staps. They are nylon and will streach quite a bit, but work ok with the buckles. I am still using the stock straps on my expedition and they are holding up fine. If you are interested, my Jungle model rigged as you see it, with ring buckles and figure 9's, weighs in at 3lbs. 12oz. including the fly.
    Thanks, I will order the rings, I think I have enough straps. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    its wonderful to see the claytor jungle hammock really catching on here at hammock forums,i wonder how that happened ,i think its great neo
    the matrix has you

Neo, did you ever get your Claytor that comes without a bug net

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    Neo, did you ever get your Claytor that comes without a bug net
    yes got it yesterday,8 ft to short for me,other than that it is all you need in bugless weather,i emailed tom claytor and is revising it to 10 ft long,he is sending me a free one after he makes them neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

Talking How about the 1/2 inch webbing?

Neo, should I pre-purchase other webbing to be ready to go when my jungle hammock gets here? I have been hearing that they come with Nylon webbing and only 12 inch wide. I am 210 pounds. BTW I used to be a 95 pound weekling, you know... now I am a 210 pound weekling.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    Neo, should I pre-purchase other webbing to be ready to go when my jungle hammock gets here? I have been hearing that they come with Nylon webbing and only 12 inch wide. I am 210 pounds. BTW I used to be a 95 pound weekling, you know... now I am a 210 pound weekling.
    i wiegh 210,it held me just fine neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Hennessey hex
    Insulation
    RW quilt, GG pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings.
    Images
    In regards to how the webbing is attached to the hammock, it runs through a channel on each end and can easily be removed.

Neo: So Tom's actually changing the design of the expidition model? Those he sells on his site will then be ten feet long? That sounds like a really nice idea for late fall and winter camping. You can always flip the jungle upside down to use it without the netting, but who wants the extra weight?

I search the net from time to time for camo sil. I came across one company who listed it, but their description contradicted itself and made me think that it was probably DWR ripstop. For the time being we'll have to make do with stealth grey or heavier tarps. One day, though... =o)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    when I first got my claytor I weighed 260 and the stock webbing held me with no problem - and I turn from side to side when I sleep. I also tested it with a big agnes insulated mat, 20 degree synthetic bag, walmart blue pad and 10 lbs of clothing so i was probably pushing 275 or more.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast