Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Insulation
    warm stuff
    TQ/UQ in one dry sack and then hammock in bishop bag and tarp in snake skins either right on top or on outside of pack. put up tarp, put up hammock and then add the warmth. Everything stays nice and dry, and is easily accessible separately when needed....I don't mind a few extra minutes setting up, when i am in the woods I am not rushin or on any time lines. just my 2 cents.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. Jennifer Unlimited
    Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better. -- Robert Redford

http://daydreamingmisadventurer.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Separate dry sacs for down stuff, WBBB in BB bag and tarp in SS in sil bag on outside of pack.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Separate dry sacs for down stuff, WBBB in BB bag and tarp in SS in sil bag on outside of pack.
    Ditto, excepting the snakeskins.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    JRB BMBH w/ 2Q 3-zipper mod
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3, HR on top
    Suspension
    WhoOpiesling!
    Images
    JRB BMBH with Mt. Wa. 3 UQ and whoopie suspension lines all stuffed into the JRB Gear Bag that hangs at the foot of my BMBH. This big blaze orange ball gets stuffed into the bottom of my REI Flash 65. JRB HR TQ goes on top but in a separate waterproof compression sack. Clothing goes in yet another compression sack. Loose items like cook kits, etc go stuffed around these sacks in the main pack compartment. Headlamps, first aid and small sundries goe in ziplock bags in top lid.

Tarp with attached Whoopiesling.com ridge line is in Snake Skins in an outer pocket for easy deployment and separation from main gear if/when wet. BMBH poles and tarp stakes go in a Sea to Summit pole bag in a side pocket and synched to pack with side tie.

Works for me.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    hammock is in the sil bag that the wb traveler came in . I line my ULA catalyst with a trash compacter bag I place my separated clothing in zip lock bags first spare soxs shirt etc. then stuff my sleeping bag/ TQ in followed by the UQ I don't use a stuff sack for the down it packs flatter and gives me more room in my pack since the food bag and pot with cozy and DIY bushbuddy cannot compact. the hammock and superfly rests on top as first thing I grab and set up .

Hammock
    JRB BMBH w/ 2Q 3-zipper mod
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3, HR on top
    Suspension
    WhoOpiesling!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medicjimr View Post
    hammock is in the sil bag that the wb traveler came in . I line my ULA catalyst with a trash compacter bag I place my separated clothing in zip lock bags first spare soxs shirt etc. then stuff my sleeping bag/ TQ in followed by the UQ I don't use a stuff sack for the down it packs flatter and gives me more room in my pack since the food bag and pot with cozy and DIY bushbuddy cannot compact. the hammock and superfly rests on top as first thing I grab and set up .
    I'm going to try your idea of clothing in first followed by TQ then my big orange hammock/uq ball on top. This makes a bit more sense than I had it. Thx.

Hammock
    diy Clark Vertex
    Tarp
    diy silnylon
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This is definitely a topic I've been curious about so it's neat to see all the ideas yall have (as usual)..

For me separate silnylon bags for most of my stuff (mostly the sea-to-summit knock off stuff, I think outdoor research makes them but I could be mistaken, with some hommemade ones).
    But packing order is usually sleeping bag (as i dont have a TQ or UQ..yet) clothes, hammock, cook kit then tarp.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    My backpack is an AARN. In the main pack, I start with my hammock (in it's own bag) and my food bag. Then I will free stuff my quilts around them. My down quilts will fill up all the empty space. On top of that or stuffed down with the quilts, will be my extra clothes in a breathable stuff sack. Then on top is my cooking stuff and a rain coat and down jacket. Hammock & quilts are always at the bottom of the pack, my other gear will be rearranged as I feel fit. Tarp is never put anywhere near my quilts.

In the two front pockets will be all my food/snacks for the day, tarp (in it's own stuff sack but still sort of loose), stakes for tarp/hammock, first aid, compass, maps, all my water, knife, headlamp, water treatment stuff, stove fuel, bandana's, bathroom stuff.... basicly anything that I think I'll be needing through out the day is in those front pockets. I only need to open my main pack if the weather changes to get out my jackets. And even then, if at the start of the day it looks like rain, I'll just strap my rain coat onto the outside of my pack to have handy.
    Because my hammock and quilts are packed at the bottom of my pack, I don't really need them until I'm ready to set them up at the end of the day. With my tarp in the front pockets, I can set it up anytime I want. And if it's wet when I put it away, it's not anywhere near my hammock and quilts. I don't worry about getting my down wet this way.

TinaLouise

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    I pack in reverse order of need
    last needed goes in first.

Internal frame with main/lower/external pocket
    Lower; is smaller and it carries cook gear food, Katadyn, Steri-pen and tools.
    Main; first in are cloths, knee support, S-bag, NX150 hammock in its own bag, Rain Fly.
    External Pocket; rain gear, emrg-kit, Fire kit . . .

All based on first need at new site.
    There seems to be 2 choices for first, to set up
    sleeping or fire . . . for me anaways
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    I keep my quilts in a waterproof sack inside my main pack body. My hammock and tarp are packed separately. I often put my tarp on the outside of my pack, especially if I am using my poncho tarp. I try to minimize the number of stuff sacks I use.

I use top-loading frameless packs, mostly.

Pack Order

(in waterproof sack)
    1. Top quilt
    2. Bottom quilt
    3. Clothes

(On top of sack)
    4. Hammock
    5. Ditty bag w/essentials (first aid, toilet/hygiene, knife, etc)
    6. Cook kit
    7. Food
    8. Tarp

At rest stops, food is near or at the top for easy access.

At camp, first out is shelter, which is nice for bad weather. Cook gear is set aside. Hammock goes up next. Open the waterproof sack and place clothing in hammock. Remove UQ and deploy. Last is TQ ready to place.
    Last edited by dejoha; 11-03-2010 at 16:58.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast