Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Wisenber..this past weekend I got a winter mamba, te-wa winter coat, max-ix hammock sock, wb traveler, thermawrap pants, wm flash, 4 dog cook kit, food bag (aqua mira) (only 2 days food),winter mitts and shell, golite reed, polar buff ALL inside a Conduit. Easily could have had another day of food. Outside pocket had the tarp stakes and pole..side pockets had the gatorade bottles...hip pockets had the headlamp etc. Also stuffed the packa in the outside pocket...all to say I had plenty of room with the Conduit. With a Catalyst I think I could add the kitchen sink.

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Wisenber..this past weekend I got a winter mamba, te-wa winter coat, max-ix hammock sock, wb traveler, thermawrap pants, wm flash, 4 dog cook kit, food bag (aqua mira) (only 2 days food),winter mitts and shell, golite reed, polar buff ALL inside a Conduit. Easily could have had another day of food. Outside pocket had the tarp stakes and pole..side pockets had the gatorade bottles...hip pockets had the headlamp etc. Also stuffed the packa in the outside pocket...all to say I had plenty of room with the Conduit. With a Catalyst I think I could add the kitchen sink.
    No tenkara rod with that?
    Sounds like I need to compress my down a bit more. Those Te-Wa's do take up much less space than some of the larger offerings. I enjoy my 13 oz 3-season Te-Wa.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    no trout on Roan High Knob...if there were they'd be frozen.
    But back to the Te-wa---the Winter Coat is HUGE and I didn't use a compression sack. Just put it, the Mamba (forgot I also had down booties/balaclava) into a MLD cuben stuff sack and squeeze the air out....could have used compression sack for even more room.
    My question for Ohm owners is this, isnt the total amount of room in the main compartment roughly the same as with the Conduit-just that it's a different shape?

Hammock
    WB BB DL 1.7oz
    Tarp
    SuperFly/Oware
    Insulation
    KAUQ,WBurrowTQU,PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for pointing out the numbers. Guess I'm moving down from a 65L pack, that might be a little too small. Was compairing over all Weight and total volume capacity. Still getting a Mamba and that will save 3lbs dropping the 0* mummy bag.
    The Older I get, the Faster I use to be.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    My question for Ohm owners is this, isnt the total amount of room in the main compartment roughly the same as with the Conduit-just that it's a different shape?
    Yes, but the collar on the top of the Ohm is taller than the ConDuiT. You could get a few more days of food in it.

I had a ConDuiT along with my Ohm for a while, but I traded it and kept the Ohm. Both are great packs, and very similar in several ways. To me, the Ohm's carbon suspension hoop seemed to carry its load a little better (even if well under the recommended limit). And the Ohm has compression lacing along the sides that allows it to shrink down snugly on even light summer loads, while being able to expand for longer treks or colder weather gear. I like hanging things on that compression lacing too (socks to dry, etc).

All around, I think the Ohm is the most versatile of the ULA offerings. It carries a Black Mamba nicely...per the OP's original topic.

OT - Agree with Medicineman about the Te-Wa Winter Coat. It's a tremendous piece of gear.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12