My thread injector all of a sudden, started tangling thread in the bobbin area. I just finished a tarp without a hitch and while making the stuff sack, it ran out of bobbin thread. I reloaded the bobbin and now, the thread catches on part of the machinery underneath there and tangles up. Nothing looks damaged in there.

Now a little history. I bought the machine at Walmart for $80. It's a Brother LS-2125i. I bought the cheap machine over two years ago, not knowing if the DIY thing was for me or not. Well, 3 quilts, 2 ponchos, a tarp and countless stuff sacks, I'm definitely hooked. However, I'm never going to go pro.

My dilemma is this. It would probably cost me $80 dollars to get the machine repaired, right? So, why not buy another $80 dollar machine? I know this feels ridiculous but the math makes sense.

I could go a little higher in price, but not much. I did search out the cheapest Janome machine, a model 2206 for $99. I've heard names like Janome and Juki, but, I don't know anything about any machine, so could anyone recommend a machine of higher quality than my old $80 Brother that would only be in the low $100's?

I'm having withdrawal symptoms already!