Hammock for two?

New guy here. I have a cheap hammock that never made it through the night before ripping. I'm reading intently about what to get here. thanks for all the good info.

Is there a good sleeping hammock with full protection (bugs and rain) that would sleep two (me and my wife)?

Thanks all.

PS. Where are all the northern campers? It seems most of you are out east. When I sent my location for the google map I saw I was the first in Montana. Any other northern people out there?

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images
    welcome to the hf.

i'm in co, and my fiance is from idaho.

many hammocks are big enough for two, but sleeping the night is another story. you might be able to do it in a big woven mayan, those are around 10 or 12 feet wide, you'd have to get a seperate bug net though.

i've also heard of people hanging 2 hammocks side by side, from 3 trees.

I guess I could go side by side in separate hammocks and give my daughter a bunk bed hammock. Kinda like Gilligan and the Skipper.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hennessy has a big ole hammock that apparently some couple can use. Seems like that would be very uncomfortable to me, though. If you can find three trees in a triangle, with two of them very close, you can hang two hammocks under the same tarp but with enough separation that you're not laying on each other. Ed Speer even has a double hammock stand for him and Karen at their hangouts.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Ed Speer even has a double hammock stand for him and Karen at their hangouts.
    He's even got the directions posted online for everyone's use. If you have even just a little mechanical ability (like me), then it looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to set up. I've seen him put it together at the SEHHA events in Hot Springs and it doesn't look too difficult at all.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnoisaw View Post
    ... and give my daughter a bunk bed hammock. Kinda like Gilligan and the Skipper.
    Probably with many of the same shenanigans Skipper and Gilligan had to go through to get in and out... that was always good filler for about 3 minutes of the show.

<wherein Skipper ultimately whacks Gilligan with his hat...>

my wife and i have taken naps in my hennessy deluxe before but never tried sleeping through the night.

it works if you are very comfortable being extremly close. one advantage is you sleep a lot warmer as 2 than as 1

• + New Posts