ok, I am doing a thanksgiving hang at mt rogers, and looking forward to the winter mt rogers hang in january. I have some questions about insulation.

Lets say for now, the z liner is not an option.

I have always been a groundling, so I have a myriad of sleeping bags and pads.

Will I be able to function in the teens and single digits with a 0-15 degree bag unzipped as a top quilt and an insulated air core pad partially inflated underneath? I have thought about adding a sportsman emergency blanket (the heavy duty kind from cabellas) and maybe even a fleece type blanket from home to act as both bottom insulation as well as extra top insulation.

My thoughts are:
1) I am fat, so staying warm is usually not a problem. (6'5, 400#s)
2) I have down booties for my feet
3) I am planning on wearing polar weight thermal bottoms and a heavier weight long sleeve top to bed, topped off with my mad bomber rabbit fur hat complete with ear flaps.

I feel pretty comfortable with the set up, but unfortunately don't have time to test it before the first mt rogers trip. When I was in Dolly sods a month ago for my first hang, I had a 15 down BA bag and the insulated air core pad to 42 degrees and was cozy.

My other concerns are my really good bags are big agnes bags which has no insulation on the bottom (you slide the pad there), so to use as a top quilt is ok, but when i unzip it to drape, not having insulation on the bottom seems a bit of a hindrance, provides major gaps. I was going to use my marmot trestles xwide bag this trip so I could really wrap it all around me. Probably for the winter hang, I will suck it up and buy a new 0 bag and bring an extra blanket.

Before you ask, I know all the tricks about staying warm...hot water bottles, light exercise before bed, warm drink before bed, eating a spicy dinner, change socks, etc.... Cold weather is not an issue, as I was a major winter groundling before, just trying to make transition to winter hanger.

Thanks ahead of time for all your input and comments, you are all a vast wealth of information for us newbs.