Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Chinook 14X12
    Insulation
    KAQ w/ deep winter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I thought the videos were real good, I agree about the subtitles. A few were okay but got to be to many! Who am I to say anything about it Great job though, enjoyed. can't believe the iphone made those vids! Good looking set up by the way! LOVE THE REDWOODS, keep them vids coming!

Tbull

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Redwood, Don't be so hard on yourself. Videos are videos, you don't have to apologize for entertaining us. If someone doesn't want to watch it they don't have to, but gear junkies like will always. Thanks for posting!

I have the Warbonnet Big Mamajamba and love it, also thanks for talking about the BlackRock hat I too wear glasses and always have a hard time with hats. Maybe I'll wait until I can try one on and see if I'm going to buy one.

Good stuff ... Please keep the videos and pictures coming, especially the forest views.

Thanks!
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    lookin good. Keep the videos comming you'll get better after each one and feel more comfortable with the camera.

I usually do a one shot takes as well. If I screw up... well no biggie that's how I am in real life.

I'm really loving the iMovie features and video editing but I still cant justify changing my laptop just for movie editing capabilities.

Oddly enough I just shot some vids last night going over basic hiking gear. Once you start shooting videos it starts to be a sickness.
    Last edited by Raul Perez; 11-11-2010 at 15:05.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Thanks Redwood. I agree with what others have said, don't be too hard on yourself, in the rest of life also. Good info on the Grizz Bridge , Rock Hat and Spin Material. Love the Redwoods. It been forever since i've been there but really liked it. You live in a beautiful area. Like the Elk trail. Would definately like to see more footage on the area. Thanks
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Banned
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbull55 View Post
    I thought the videos were real good, I agree about the subtitles. A few were okay but got to be to many! Who am I to say anything about it Great job though, enjoyed. can't believe the iphone made those vids! Good looking set up by the way! LOVE THE REDWOODS, keep them vids coming! Tbull
    Yeah, I'll kill a lot of the messages in any videos from here out, except for the standard ones that display the product name/website, that I just find are very very helpful when I watch other folks videos, so figure they are something I should keep in there.

Yeah, they finally put a decent video camera in the new iphone. Granted not as good as the video in my Canon SX20IS, but I already carry my iphone so its not extra weight I am lugging around.

I am really really thinking about picking up either a 'Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7' or a 'Canon PowerShot SD780IS'. That should make things easier for me, plus I could than use that little thingie that you put on the end of your hiking pole!

Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Thanks Redwood. I agree with what others have said, don't be too hard on yourself, in the rest of life also. Good info on the Grizz Bridge , Rock Hat and Spin Material. Love the Redwoods. It been forever since i've been there but really liked it. You live in a beautiful area. Like the Elk trail. Would definately like to see more footage on the area. Thanks
    Thanks for the support mbiraman! I am very much going to push out some footage of the Redwoods in my next two or three videos. Just got back from a very nice hike a few minutes ago. Took about 15 or so minutes of video of the trail. I also really screwed up on the section about the HawkVittles food, so I am going to reshoot that. It was just so bad I had to pull it from the videos. Would like to get something out for him and the meals.

Quote Originally Posted by questtrek View Post
    Redwood, Don't be so hard on yourself. Videos are videos, you don't have to apologize for entertaining us. If someone doesn't want to watch it they don't have to, but gear junkies like will always. Thanks for posting!

I have the Warbonnet Big Mamajamba and love it, also thanks for talking about the BlackRock hat I too wear glasses and always have a hard time with hats. Maybe I'll wait until I can try one on and see if I'm going to buy one.

Good stuff ... Please keep the videos and pictures coming, especially the forest views.

Thanks!
    Hey questtrek,

Thanks to you too for the support!

I've been talking with the guy behind Black Rock hats and he has seen the video I posted and he and I are hopefully going to work out something. I do know at this time that it is not just a matter of the hat not being tall enough for my head. Regardless of how much deeper he makes it, it's still going to cause an issue for glasses. So, I don't know, maybe I can pay him to make something custom for me and we can go from there on potentially getting something for us folks with glasses. Will 100% push out a message or video if that comes about!

Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    lookin good. Keep the videos comming you'll get better after each one and feel more comfortable with the camera.

I usually do a one shot takes as well. If I screw up... well no biggie that's how I am in real life.

I'm really loving the iMovie features and video editing but I still cant justify changing my laptop just for movie editing capabilities.

Oddly enough I just shot some vids last night going over basic hiking gear. Once you start shooting videos it starts to be a sickness.
    Hey Raul,

Thanks mate! Your videos are what have pretty much helped me to decide to push out some myself. Your always straight-up about things and say it how it should be said - that's the kind of person I am. If something sucks, I'm going to say it sucks. If it rocks the world, I'm going to let folks know.

It's good to know that somebody else out there doesn't do multiple-takes. To me, that puts me in the realm of being some kind of videographer, and that's just not why I am doing this. I just want to be able to share what I have learned along the way and share the beautify of the Redwoods.

I hear ya about the whole Mac thing. I have used Windows all my life. I bought a Mac Mini (the new version) to do iPhone app development (I got three apps out so far) and it seems to be on the low-end of power requirements for iMovie. I have thought about upgrading to the new iMovie but I am not sure the poor little Mini could handle much more lol

"Once you start shooting videos it starts to be a sickness" --- lol, yeah, that is exactly why I haven't done it before. I was afraid that would happen

Again, thank you to everybody for the support. I know it's tough sitting through 30 minutes of some guy dead-tired hoping for a few good bits of info. I will try much harder from here out!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    You did a good job. Other have already made some suggestions on how to improve. As with all things practice makes perfect. So keep shooting and posting videos.
    Terry

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I definitely enjoyed your videos. Since probably about 90% of the members on this forum do not seem to put out videos of their own, I would have to say that you are doing far better than all of them, so no need to be so critical. I am just starting with the video editing myself, and hopefully will have a video out in the next couple of days since I just purchased Power Director 8. I certainly give you all the credit in the world for putting out a video in the first place, not to mention, I thought that it was great! Pretty much everybody here on HF is a self-proclaimed gearhead, so there is nothing better to us than watching a video telling us about all different pieces of gear and how well they work. Thanks for posting this for us, and keep'em comin.

Images
    The videos were good. You did a good job I want to get up there so bad. I am jealous that you get to live up there. All I can say is beautiful. Used to go up there all the time with my parents when I was young. Lots of great memories.

Thanks for sharing!!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Those are some stunning woods out there.
    And what a massive slug .... loved the color of it.
    I was expecting you to have a MDL cuban tarp .........
    I reckon most use the bag to eat the HawkVittles in .....I just prefer a pot. Just one of those things.
    Hope the rest of the trip was good and you got rested.
    Shug
    Last edited by Shug; 11-13-2010 at 08:52.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Your videos were very enjoyable. I would love to see more of the redwoods. Lord willing, I will definitely be that way before I leave this world.

Oh . . . and I was surprised at how well that iPhone worked.
    Last edited by Old River Rat; 11-12-2010 at 20:29.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast