Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo
    No email reply from a customer that has already placed an order is lousy customer service. Hikes, no hike, busy or not busy. Period.

If you don't have the manpower to fill the order or answer email, do not take more orders.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quality is worth waiting for . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am not gonna care how long it takes . .

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Sounds like to me they have a good thing going. Considering the economy we are in today, to be this busy is a great thing. I'm happy for both of them and don't mind the wait.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    If they are hiking they should have an out of office message or something similar. I know he's a good guy and I am sure he is busy, but when it involves money, a simple "on the way" or "two weeks" woud be reassuring. I was thinking earlier today about ordering an incubator but now maybe i'll wait til they slow down a bit.

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I've have a little luck with PMs. They have responded, but not so much luck with actual follow through.

I know they are busy. Ordered a 3S incubator on 10/4. Thought 6 weeks would be plenty of time to have it before the TX hang... well, it wasn't.

I know I'll love the UQ when it gets here. I have no doubts. I'm just a little disappointed when it was stated that UQs were about 3 weeks out on a different thread, and I was told I'd have the quilt already, but it hasn't shipped yet. I'd just like a little straight shooting.

Don't get me wrong. I am DELIGHTED they are that busy. That means it's quality gear, and it means they'll be there when I'm ready to order more gear. And if they can do that all that and still be good parents, then they are saints.

I just wish I was using it this weekend (of course, my hammock and tarp aren't here yet either... ordered 10/2... another story...)
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    I've bought a TQ from Adam that was a custom job and we commed pretty good throughout. I believe I saw something just a week ago here in which he said he was having trouble with spam filters, etc. Give him a break, keep trying and perhaps try PM or a phone call. He's a good man with a family and you'll like his product.

Sailor

Hammock
    XLC
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    wookie
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    or a phone call.
    I would be happy to but I didn't see anywhere on his website a phone number to call. I honestly don't feel like I should have to chase someone who I have paid just over $500 and haven't received info/replies.

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    I know it's tough but try not to say something now that you will regret later. The popularity of Adam's products are both a function of his extraordinary quality and his impeccable honesty. It will come, and although you might be somewhat frustrated during the interim, you will be blown away once they arrive.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    TerraRosaGear Adv
    Insulation
    Crowsnest 900-fill
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Is this how you would run YOUR business??

Family...kids...nice bloke...good product...blah...blah...blah!

Let's not forget that this is a business they're running, and they are not a monopoly. Customer service goes a long way, especially in such a niche market, and people who have a negative experience with vendor A will think twice about ordering from them again and will have a real good look at vendors B and C.

For most small businesses, customer service is a major market differentiator. Expectations need to be set, and communicated.

I ordered a UQ several weeks ago, but after reading these forums my expectation was that is would be several months before I saw it. Personally, I think that is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a product. I've received a limited edition Ducati faster. And I'm on the other side of the planet!!

Mind you, delivery duration was an assumption I had to make, as I've received no communication from Hammock Gear, other than a confirmation they've taken my money.

I'm all for supporting small or family business, be it here in Oz or overseas, but this is simple primary school economics. Demand currently outweighs Supply, so Hammock Gear need to have a good look at their resources and perhaps review their current business model. If they lack the skills to do this, get someone in who can!

I'd be happy if I could at least SEE my order on their website, perhaps even with an eta.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    hehhe my gf just said to me "Honey, I think you should email them about that underthingy"...

I made a change to my order (probably just before it was stuffed) so I've anticipated that it will take longer. I was originally supposed to receive it the week of the 25th. No quilt yet we will see how this plays out... i am out of the country from the 14th to the 23rd. i hope to come home to a poofy package

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast