DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    If you need to, you can wait on orders # 156 and #169. Take your time. I'd rather you not feel rushed when you're building mine.

And, good for you on the homeschooling.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I waited 6 weeks for my UQ without complaint. I fully expected to have to wait since HG offers a great product at a very reasonable price. I also gave it plenty of time by ordering in spring so that I knew I would have it by the time it started to cool off again. I never order anything last minute any more as I hate the nervous wait.

Having said that the only suggestion I would make is to support the idea of placing a statement on the HG site to advise customers of the approximate turnaround time on orders. Set the expectation up front so that customers know to expect to wait for their purchase. Hopefully this small amount of effort would reduce the number of emails sent by customers following up on delivery times and would give you back another hour or so in your day.

Tinny from Minibulldesigns solved his workload issue by increasing his prices to slow down the orders to a level that worked for him. It upset a lot of his customers and it didn't fix his poor communication skills, but he is happy

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    The op wasn't complaining about the wait, he just wanted a reply.

Senior Member leepingreenlizards's Avatar
    Images
    We'll I have to say (and it won't be popular) I hope you've learned your lesson, because it's really all your fault, not theirs, or at least that's the general idea I'm getting from most of the comments I’ve read.

How dare you expect delivery in a timely matter, or show a lack of patience when they gladly accept your order, but fail to respond to inquires in a reasonable amount of time…after the fact?

I know I'm making folks mad, all though it is not my intention to do so. But everyone’s making excuses for these guys and talking about what "swell" guys they are, while this poor guy is "tactfully" being given the old “how dare you have certain expectations."

Now...all of that being said (or written), is this really the best way to handle this? This is really between you the customer and they the business. Not open for the whole forum to chime in on. I realize your upset and I would be too, but I just don’t feel that this whole thing is appropriate for the designs and expectations of the “Hammock Forums.”

This really is a private matter and should be kept that way. Otherwise, this forum will turn into a place to air our grievances, rather than a community of sharing, learning and just plain having fun!
    It’s what we believe that makes us, as individuals, who we are. Suppress that and we all become the same…"sterile and boring." "Sir William Orville Martin"

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    This thread is mostly feedback about business practices, rather than the products themselves. Now that the OP had his say, the rest of it is outside the scope of HF's intended topic.

We're going to close the thread unless either the OP or Hammock Gear have anything further to say.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456