Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0 / WBRR DL
    Tarp
    OMW/WBCB
    Insulation
    BurrowIncubPhoenix
    Suspension
    stock webbing
    I too am new here but have not had a problem with the wait based off of what I have read on this forum. It has all been positive so I just chalk it up too the fact they are extremely busy. As far as communication, they have responded to my emails promptly, usually the same day. Communication is important in a business but **** happens. If they are having email issues,and I believe they are, it is all Al Gore's fault since he said he invented the world wide web. Talk to him.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0 / WBRR DL
    Tarp
    OMW/WBCB
    Insulation
    BurrowIncubPhoenix
    Suspension
    stock webbing
    I forgot to say that I will be buying from them again. Have to save funds for an UQ.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Sleeping BearTQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    I think we are beating a dead horse at this point. Good, bad, whatever. If your not satisfied with how things are going, buy from someone else. If you accept the limitations of a small operation, then relax and accept the waits and sometimes not as prompt answers as we have become accustomed to throughout other industries. Put yourself in their shoes for a second and realize how many day to day issues could come up and cause others to get pushed off for a short time. Do I like my product. Without a doubt. Do I wish I would have got it sooner, of course. If it wasn't quality product, then do you think the wait would be so long? These are all learning curves in running a business. Those that do run one has all had them. If you haven't then I am impressed and you need to right a book.
    "We don't stop hiking because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop hiking."

-- Finis Mitchell,

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    duplicate post - sorry
    Last edited by ^shane^; 11-12-2010 at 07:51. Reason: duplicate post...
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Im a bit speachless after reading this thread. I have ordered 4 quilts from Adam and have recieved nothing short of excellent service as well as excellent products. All I guess I can add to this conversation is that these vendors are busting their buts to make quality gear for this community as fast as they can. They are not big coporations with a head quarters and some one 24-7 answering phones and emails and etc. Its just a regular guy and his wife who both enjoy the woods and who enjoy helping others enjoy the woods by providing nice fluffy down quilts to keep us warm. If they stop enjoy what they do then we stop enjoying their product. I guess for me every time ive ordered from a vendor I have the natural assumption that it may take a bit longer then if I ordered from REI or a corporate camping store. I ordered my summer set of quilts several months before summer because I know that at each changing season their is an influx of orders. I see these threads pop up from time to time about OES, WB, etc. simply because people get impatient. Sadly enough not every one is going to have an A plus experience but it is what you make of it and if your willing to listen their is usually a very good explanation of why an email was not returned for a day or two. Adam is a stand up guy and if given the chance im sure will make every thing right IMHO at least. But I agree with others and no one said you have to order from a specific vendor so if a buyer dosent like it, show it by asking for your money back. But chances are that wont happen because people still want Adam's excellently made quilts. Its just all about patience people and some times more patience is need which isent always easy when waiting for gear. Just remember if it wasent for all these vendors, we'd all be sleeping in ENO hammocks and useing Kelty tarps, with go light bags and ENO UQ's. Thank you vendors for all your hard work.
    ~LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblcorona View Post
    Do I like my product. Without a doubt. Do I wish I would have got it sooner, of course. If it wasn't quality product, then do you think the wait would be so long?
    There is a reason they are busy. There is a reason there is a wait.

I just received a couple of PMs from Thorwren. I think part of the communication issue is the fact that the HF.com PM notifications aren't working 100% right now.

They went out of their way to ship my UQ via Fedex rather than USPS to get it here. Hopefully it will be in my truck when we drive down to Fairfield today.

I want to say on this thread that I apologize to Adam and Jen if my previous post came off as anti-Hammock Gear in any way. I understand completely what busy means to a cottage business. My wife ran an in-home business for a while and I understand the juggle.

I can almost guarantee that I'll be ordering from them again... probably just as soon as the wife see's MY new UQ (and decides that it's her's instead).
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I really feel the need to stand up for Stormcrow/Thorwren here. I ordered my UQ from them a couple months back and received incredible communication and customer service. They happily went the extra distance and added more down to my UQ free of charge and paid for the shipping after I expressed some concern on the loft. My responses from them were very prompt. I've had issues with other cottage vendors, but believe me, these are the good guys. Even in this thread I see good, honest people working hard to try and make everyone happy. They offer a great product at a great price. Give them a chance to stabilize their business and they won't let you down.

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers

To StormCrow

As someone who makes his own gear, it isn't as easy as they make it seem. To make a quality piece of gear takes time and obviously they offer quality or this thread wouldn't exist. I wish I could do something to help you out, Stormcrow, but after sewing the baffles of my first top quilt, my abilities are not quite at your level. Keep up the good work and know that you can't make everyone happy, no matter how hard you try.

Remember, your family, health, and life come first. Anyone who can't realize that, isn't worth your time.

Hammock
    JRB BMB
    Tarp
    JRB 11'x10'
    Insulation
    JRB TQ / UQ set
    Suspension
    JRB tri-glide

All's well that ends well ?

I understand the frustration that can come from a lack of communication.

I was very impressed with the vendor's replies.

Buying via websites does require a leap of faith. For me it would take a high level of concern to air those concerns on this site but it did get the OP his answers.

I am very happy that the moderator's didn't try to limit the discussion. If you want a forum for the positive reviews then you need to be open to constructive criticism as well.

Love my JRB BMB

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Vagabond View Post

Remember, your family, health, and life come first.

Anyone who can't realize that, isn't worth your time.

I'll second that statement!
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast