Dutch
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images
    I agree 100% with most of the frustration on this post. I've had a couple of cottage transaction where the level of communication was near unacceptable and I almost asked for my money back.

I know I've started moving my business (mind you, I'm only buying for me) to a few small cottage guys who are actually GREAT at responding....

Paul @ Arrhowhead
    The Jacks @ JRB

Both are exceptional. Both work extremely hard to make sure you're happy.

I appreciate those kinds of efforts.

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTalkRuss View Post
    Family...kids...nice bloke...good product...blah...blah...blah!

I'm all for supporting small or family business, be it here in Oz or overseas, but this is simple primary school economics. Demand currently outweighs Supply, so Hammock Gear need to have a good look at their resources and perhaps review their current business model.
    Yes, current demand does outstrip supply. The way most businesses resolve that problem is by raising prices to the point of equilibrium. Adam has chosen to leave his prices intact rather than raise them to reduce demand.
    The other alternative on Adam's part would be to source them out which IMHO would reduce the quality.

In short, if you want the best, you wait. If you need "fast" over "best", there are several other vendors that offer quality products as well.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I think some ppl need to take a chill pill....
    for all we know he could be having internet problems....
    Or one of his kids could be sick....i know if my kid was sick...e-mails can wait
    it could be anything

give the guy a chance to reply befor jumping all over him

first off everyone by now should know this time of year he gets busy...
    i mean BUSY
    last year it was almost a 2 month wait .... if you just ordered your UQ it's going to be a wait...nothing you can do about it
    his work is well worth the wait...if you feel you can't wait...then order from another vender...it's that simple

sorry if i sound like i'm coming off strong ....
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Just caught this thread on a break. We certainly need to address this.... First, thank you for the support, for the gracious patience so many of you have given us this year. Our shock at what started out a side business exploded in a few short months left us scrambling, and shutting down virtually everything except working.

Yes, we do have four children, two of which are homeschooled and two toddlers. With Adam and I working the shop and a house, time becomes quite precious and a little difficult to keep up with. Having said that, I completely agree with those of you on here who say there is no excuse of a lack of communication. We cannot offer any explanation that could write off the frustrations some of you have with us.

In the course of 10 months, we have received over 600 orders. We are trying to handle about 20-30 emails and PMs daily. Our gratitude towards this success has allowed us to build a workshop beside the home to help streamline the production. As a result, we dared ourselves to put aside the 3-4 hours of responding to emails a day, and catch up on 3 weeks worth of orders in one week. Naturally, taking 2-3 days off from emails are coming back in forms of upset folks. I truly apologize.

You are correct, we need to make a specific "reply" that would at the very least, explain that we would get back with you as soon as possible. We are brand new at this, but as customers and supporters of other mom-and-pop vendors, I am in complete agreement that we must improve the way we communicate. There is no excuse. For this, I apologize. I will be spending this evening responding to each and every one of you from the last 3 days.

Please forgive us. You are a wonderful community of friends, and we are humbled by your amazing support.

God bless.

Jenny

And for more clarification - Yes, we are receiving about half of our emails in spam folders for about 2 weeks now. We have to hunt them down, so some get missed. We use Yahoo. The spam filter is overdoing it.... We're trying to figure out a way to prevent so many emails from going AWOL.
    Last edited by thorwren; 11-11-2010 at 23:48. Reason: Adding a PS -

Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Images

Lucky

I have been very lucky to email at the right time I guess, because I received prompt answers every time. Thanks for all your hard work and for making such nice products. Best of luck for your business .

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Wonderful response Jenny. So glad for you guys that business is overwhelmingly good. Please feel free to bump my order back if needed in order to allow those who are more anxious than me to get their products. I am in no rush and certainly could wait a bit longer.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Leeinmemphis - According to our email records, we have received one email from you, today at 10AM. A PM was sent to me 11/09. Because of the PM issues from this forum affecting so many people, I never received a PM alert in my emails, so I continued to respond to emails, thinking I had no PMs. If there were any other emails from you, they never arrived. I am very sorry, folks. I am not sure why we are not receiving emails. We'll keep trying to figure this out.

This is becoming a very sleepless and bad night here. Some folks who have complained about lack of response.... I have checked our records with their names.... Yahoo mail is showing some folks sending one, maybe two emails in the last 24 hours. No previous emails had been received. Something's going on and we're not getting your messages.

Some of you have waited 48 hours. I have replied to everyone and have done a search for the past 7 days of any unreplied emails. PLEASE let me know via PM if you have not received a response. I will be checking my PMs on here. As one of the threads stated, we are also one of the folks NOT getting PM alerts in our emails, so we'll have to manually check it every few hours. We'll get to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by thorwren; 11-12-2010 at 01:19.

Hammock
    exped scout combi
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    polarpod
    peoples, I had the same reaction in the past. Sent the emails and pm,s and had the reservations. Be assured your product will arrive asap, you have not been forgotton or forsaken. I to have a winter incubator on order and know it will arrive on time for minn. frozen but hang. Hopefully this shameless plug for HG bumps me above you all. Just kiddin, stormcrows the best, hope to hike w/him again in the future. be patient and you will be satisfied.
    steve

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Keep putting out those worth waitin on products Adam and Jen! Some of the negative posts from what I can see are comin from folks that haven't been around that long and are unaware of how highly we all think of you! I would have to second some of the sentiments posted here and say to the nay sayers relax and don't dig yourself into a hole you can't climb out of in regards to your bashing. Peace brutha!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo
    Retailer writes, "In the course of 10 months, we have received over 600 orders." -- and then you go on to pick one poster on this Forum thread and explain to him that he only sent one email and one PM? Are you kidding!? You have had 2-3 separate threads simultaneously running for over a month at the top of your own dedicated web forum with increasing ire of pre-paid customers!!! Wake up!

You've replied to your own forum only a handful of times with "I'm sorry" and "We're busy" as an explanation. Huh!?

Why are you still taking orders when you clearly can't fill them to the satisfaction of customers in general?

Why are you not sending out a mass email or auto-reply stating the actual turn-around time and offering a refund or cancellation of orders?

Temporarily shut down your website, lock your Paypal for new business, send back Paypal refunds automatically and ask that people reorder in the future.

Warbonnet, JacksRBetter, AHE, have no similar problems. More seasoned retailers than Hammock Gear? Then HG should call them for advice about how to run a business.

It takes a lot to raise the anger of HF members--frankly, for the most part this forum is one big hug fest--but to take customer's money via Paypal, never send even a confirmatory email that the money is received, and then reply to PMs and emails with "I'm sorry" and "we got 600 orders" is damaging to even the best industry. If my own mother gave me this form of customer service, I'd not order from her again. ("Mom, I love you with all my heart, but now you have 599 orders. I'm cancelling mine forever.")

Lesson learned. Fix it. Stop taking orders (as Warbonnet, JacksRBetter and others have done at certain times). You can't sell tickets until you learn to fly the plane.

A growing business and a learning curve is one thing, but to keep taking orders when you are over your head is pure lack of judgement.
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 11-12-2010 at 03:24.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast