Hammock
    BMBH / WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    GH Incub/JRB Sniv
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    Both below have them for $119. free shipping. I've never done business with Mountain Sports but Sunny Sports is a good company from my prior experiences with them. They both get a 5 star rating from Amazon whatever that's worth. If it wasn't so close to Christmas and the fact I've spent too much money in the last few weeks on other equip' I would make the move. They will likely have them early next year at the same price & I might pull the trigger then if all goes well.

http://www.sunnysports.com/prod/ERKT...&ci_sku=ERKTCH

http://www.mountainsports.com/msmain...&Detail=058210
    The older I get the better I used to be. Superhero status is near.

Hammock
    Too many
    Tarp
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
    Both below have them for $119. free shipping. I've never done business with Mountain Sports but Sunny Sports is a good company from my prior experiences with them. They both get a 5 star rating from Amazon whatever that's worth. If it wasn't so close to Christmas and the fact I've spent too much money in the last few weeks on other equip' I would make the move. They will likely have them early next year at the same price & I might pull the trigger then if all goes well.

http://www.sunnysports.com/prod/ERKT...&ci_sku=ERKTCH

http://www.mountainsports.com/msmain...&Detail=058210
    I recently ordered a SP300 from Moutainsports. No complaints here, prompt shipping

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    They probably won't, depending on how they sell of course, as there is the new edition coming out for 2011, see some of my links, so I believe not as many places will carry it.

Had a long chat with the owner today.

I'd think if you want the older version at a cheap price, now is the time.

Hammock
    Too many
    Tarp
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    They probably won't, depending on how they sell of course, as there is the new edition coming out for 2011, see some of my links, so I believe not as many places will carry it.

Had a long chat with the owner today.

I'd think if you want the older version at a cheap price, now is the time.
    Maybe I'm slow(ok I am) but I couldn't find any thing about a New Version. They just mention that for 2011 everything will be optional. Did I miss something

"I find it hard to believe that it will be more comfortable than lying diagonally on a standard hammock."

As I mentioned, I have a Chysalis and a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe. the Chrysalis has much more room. You can sit up (I even changed clothes in it). room on either end for gear. I put clothes on one end, shoes on the other. The real issue is it sleeps flat. I put my sleeping bag in on top of a Walmart pad. The sleeping bag can stretch completely out, as well we side to side and not feel pushed in by the hammock. I had no problem sleeping on my side or back.

Bottom line for me. . .if I am kayak camping or anthing other then back packing I would take the Chrysalis. Easy set up, more room, no need for additional nets, rain tarps, etc. If weight was the issue, I would take the Hennessy.

Comfort only. . .the Chrysalis hands down.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoShoes View Post
    Maybe I'm slow(ok I am) but I couldn't find any thing about a New Version. They just mention that for 2011 everything will be optional. Did I miss something
    Details are still sketchy but I've got more info coming my way soon, maybe even some pics to post.

This is what I've gleaned so far:

Seems the cinch straps have been eliminated and another type of fast setup strap is being used. Save 1 pound.

The hammock now has a double bottom with a pad sleeve.

The new top, now called the Camper Shell has the full weatherproof top plus a full bug skirt that completely surrounds the bottom. Supposed to have an easier attaching method also.

Redesigned spreader bars, still steel I think not in titanium for those gram counters

A big one here is it is supposed to have much better ventilation.

You will buy it in modular form, hammock one price, Camper top another price, Tropic Bug Screen another and finally that tarp. Maybe there will be some combo deals being done at a better price??

This is not gospel so don't hold me to anything.

Hammock
    BMBH / WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    GH Incub/JRB Sniv
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    Thanks Danalex for the info. I also have heard rumors regarding the new system being sold in separate parts unlike the current version that is all-in-one. Kinda like the idea really cause I'm claustrophobic and wasn't thrilled about the attached cover.

I'm interested to see if they stick in the market & what they come up with if they do. Whether you like the big boys or not, if they get on a tear in a given market it can get interesting.
    The older I get the better I used to be. Superhero status is near.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I think that drawing is a bit misleading, since it doesn't take into account that most hammockers lay on the diagonal in a gathered end hammock, rather than 'inline'.
    Don't some people still get knee issues when sleeping on the diagonal?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234