Tarp
    ENO Camo Profly
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

First Impressions 1.7 DBL

First> Woo Hoo! (Or is it Whoo Buddy!?)

At any rate the bird landed on my back porch yesterday while I was at work. Got home and headed to the woods first thing. Sorry, not to hang but to look for edible game.

Got back up to the house and set straight to work opening the box and hanging between the two trees we hang our big "normal" bridge patio hammock from. The webbing straps couldn't be easier to use. Only problem i ran into was my trees are two big in diameter for me to reach all the way around. After a little literal tree hugging I had her slung up between the trees in the dark. Went ahead and staked it out using some aluminum Y stakes. The shelf is pretty sweet. With it staked out it is super easy to get in and out of.

I accidently hung it a little too flat. Figured I wouldn't be dead on on my first attempt. I wasn't able to fully flex the ridgeline the way Brandon shows in the vids on his site. Despite that fact I was super comfortable in it. This was my first hang albeit quite brief as it started to rain and I had to beat feet in the house.

Great product. Gonna give it due dilligence this afternoon after work.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    ENO Camo Profly
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Still struggling just a bit to get the hang just right. I am getting pressure on my right leg just about my knee (remember I got the revers version). I slung it this time with more sag, but ended up with more hyperextension in my legs.

Any suggestions? I have poured over all the vids and even took notes and printed some diagrams. I am just struggling with finding a position/angle/lay that I know I would be able to sleep through the night in.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    How far apart are your trees?
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Still struggling just a bit to get the hang just right. I am getting pressure on my right leg just about my knee (remember I got the revers version). I slung it this time with more sag, but ended up with more hyperextension in my legs.

Any suggestions? I have poured over all the vids and even took notes and printed some diagrams. I am just struggling with finding a position/angle/lay that I know I would be able to sleep through the night in.
    Good luck! I was showing my BB 1.7 dbl layer and WB synth "Yeti" to bdbart last Sat, hung from my Vario stand. That particular day, I noticed close to zero calf pressure, everything seemed just perfect. Trouble is, I am never quite sure what I did different on those few occasions when I get this lucky. This was with what I would call a moderate ridge line tension after laying down. Other times, with the identical hang as far as I can tell( or tighter or looser) I can not seem to escape the pressure no matter how I position myself for back sleeping, until I find something to put under my knees.

I am starting to highly suspect that hammocks with more stretch are less prone to this problem. I have heard that the WB single 1.1 have zero problem with this. My Speer and HH UL Expl/Safari (both single layer rated less than 250 lb ) and HH Safari (single layer 350 lb) have between zero and very little trouble with calf pressure. Also my Claytor No Net, though it is double layer of unknown (to me) fabric. I can have trouble with these, but usually don't, and I can usually squirm around til I find a calf pressure free zone. Except for my giant HH Safari, the Speer is the best and most consistent, and seems to have the most stretch by far. ( which is not to say it is the best hammock, just that it has least calf pressure).

But who knows if stretchier hammocks are as comfy in some other ways. I know for sure that my Speer is not a competitor for my WBBB 1.7 dbl when it comes to side sleeping.

Of course, one hammock never has a hint of calf pressure no matter how you hang it: JRB BMBH ( and DIY bridges I'm sure)

In the meantime, when you get tired of struggling with it, just put something cushy under your knees. That probably just increases over all comfort any way. A leg pad also is often all you need.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Had the same issue (in reverse with my standard WBBB) until I shifted my asym position more plus worked on this...

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=23918

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    ENO Camo Profly
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    How far apart are your trees?
    More than 15 less than 20. I will have to go measure.

I was hanging the tree straps about 7 foot high and, I could be off, but I was dang near 30 degrees off horizontal with the tree straps.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    For me, I have found the following true: more slack - more comfort

• + New Posts