DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    I have been looking into flashlights I really think something like the 4sevens preon 2 titanium s2 would be really cool at 75$. .8 oz and 120 max lumens. Would put some light where needed for even the weight conscious backpacker.

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info....oducts_id=2484

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    At the gear shop I used to work at when someone would come in with that question we would almost always send them out with a set of the Snowpeak collapsible chop sticks. Kind of unique in a gear junkie kind of way, and something you can bet on most people not having.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Sleeping BearTQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    If he is into cold weather camping, maybe a tandem of:
    http://goosefeet.webs.com/
    and
    http://www.blackrockgear.com/
    "We don't stop hiking because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop hiking."

-- Finis Mitchell,

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    A key chain lantern... under 1 oz...under $10.... as comforting at night as a fires glow... no flame hazard... save the use of glaring headlights in the eyes while hanging out with buds...Save headlight batteries too.

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/LEDLantern.htm

Keep the other $90 or donate to charity.... See Dutch for good charity ideas...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    a great hat.. now that winter is coming to most of us (dang ol aussies and kiwis get a brand spanking new summer) id suggest a great hat, at less that $60 it is the BEST deal out there.. i really like mine. the katabatic windom

otherwise, a sample pack of the country's best coffee, hands down if indeed he does partake.

lastly, a te-wa summer quilt is a great buy if he can wait that long..

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leepingreenlizards View Post
    No problem, just send me the money and I'm sure I'll think of something!
    awesome answer!!! but no.

Quote Originally Posted by JCINMA View Post
    I think I would go with some cooking gear. Probably a nice titanium pot.
    cooking gear is good...but freezer bag cooking requires no pot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Perishables like trail food.
    not a bad idea!! that is a TON of backpacker pantry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothill View Post
    12 oz of 800 fill power goose down.......not sure it really makes a gift though......unless they're into making some of their own equipment
    boot
    true, true...but a gift that leads to ALOT of work is a strange gift!!

Quote Originally Posted by flair4040 View Post
    The down pillow from ArrowHead is hard to beat along with a Black Rock down hat would be very nice.
    already has a black rock down hat and a very comfy pillow kit.....
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    I'd say the Bush Buddy Ultra, can go wrong thei second vote would be for a black rock hat.
    BB ultra is an outstanding idea...I'm inclined to say no, because the reg BB was tested and sold...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    AC we barely know each other...you shouldn't have.
    $100 for the medallion would have been a bargin!! luv ya Dutch!

Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    I have been looking into flashlights I really think something like the 4sevens preon 2 titanium s2 would be really cool at 75$. .8 oz and 120 max lumens. Would put some light where needed for even the weight conscious backpacker.
    hmmm....tons of flashlight options....maybe. Too many options to research...give some specific examples
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    At the gear shop I used to work at when someone would come in with that question we would almost always send them out with a set of the Snowpeak collapsible chop sticks. Kind of unique in a gear junkie kind of way, and something you can bet on most people not having.
    ??? I'm guessing that chopsticks that need a learning curve are out of question!! keep trying Paul!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblcorona View Post
    If he is into cold weather camping, maybe a tandem of:
    http://goosefeet.webs.com/
    and
    http://www.blackrockgear.com/
    down socks and down hat...already has both!!

Thanks for the suggestions....amazing how many so fast....KEEP THEM COMING!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    A key chain lantern... under 1 oz...under $10.... as comforting at night as a fires glow... no flame hazard... save the use of glaring headlights in the eyes while hanging out with buds...Save headlight batteries too.

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/LEDLantern.htm

Keep the other $90 or donate to charity.... See Dutch for good charity ideas...

Pan
    looked at those Pan...interesting!
    and the charity idea is the best one so far!!
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!
    Quote Originally Posted by te-wa View Post
    a great hat.. now that winter is coming to most of us (dang ol aussies and kiwis get a brand spanking new summer) id suggest a great hat, at less that $60 it is the BEST deal out there.. i really like mine. the katabatic windom

otherwise, a sample pack of the country's best coffee, hands down if indeed he does partake.

lastly, a te-wa summer quilt is a great buy if he can wait that long..
    creative ideas...the black rock hat is hard to beat
    coffee is important...great idea but not specific to getting out
    summer quilt is taken care of!!
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    AC, I am not quite sure how to frame this idea, but we can always give money, it is infinite (especially if you are Bill Gates). The most valuable gift we give is our time. Time is finite. I don't know how good a friend you are with this person, (I am guessing real close for $100. ) but if you were able to frame the $100 into some activity or activities that involve the two of you spending time together doing something fun, it might have more meaning.

Plan a special trip, on you, or arrange an event that you can do together. The unique part of the gift for that someone who has everything, is that you are giving them you, which at least with my friends, is something I want no matter how many "things" I may have. So, put on your creative hat and brainstorm ways you could spend $100 together, and give the gift of your friendship, and most of all, your time.

Time is the great equalizer. We all have only so many ticks on our clocks. To give that, is in many ways, the greatest gift of all.

David
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Too many
    Tarp
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    AC, I am not quite sure how to frame this idea, but we can always give money, it is infinite (especially if you are Bill Gates). The most valuable gift we give is our time. Time is finite. I don't know how good a friend you are with this person, (I am guessing real close for $100. ) but if you were able to frame the $100 into some activity or activities that involve the two of you spending time together doing something fun, it might have more meaning.

Plan a special trip, on you, or arrange an event that you can do together. The unique part of the gift for that someone who has everything, is that you are giving them you, which at least with my friends, is something I want no matter how many "things" I may have. So, put on your creative hat and brainstorm ways you could spend $100 together, and give the gift of your friendship, and most of all, your time.

Time is the great equalizer. We all have only so many ticks on our clocks. To give that, is in many ways, the greatest gift of all.

David
    So true! Well said David

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post

David
    OUTSTANDING IDEA!! hmmmm...now, where to? I want the Gauley River for the fall release in 2011 in a 10' raft. lets get it ON!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast