Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    There . . how's that . . .

. . . don't mind helpin'
    I do so appreciate ya' pitching in....!
    Shug

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Shug:
    '65 was originally Seafoam Green but now it is Black on Black bought for my first child..........she has already told me that if I sell it I will be disowned as her daddy!!!!!!! She is now 9 and everytime she is here she checks under the car cover to see that it is still there and rubs it with a reverant look in her eye telling me :"that's my car daddy!!!!"
    Man ...... a girl in a Mustang. The friends will always be in her car!
    Makes me proud.
    Cool. Very cool.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatland View Post
    How long until this thread gets locked by the mods and moved to the "donating members" area, away from the unwashed masses?
    Drop $10, then you wont have to worry about it Lots of good stuff there buddy!
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    Nano7, HB No-See-Um-No-More
    Tarp
    sil WB Edge
    Insulation
    3 Season Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies/huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by optimator View Post
    Drop $10, then you wont have to worry about it Lots of good stuff there buddy!
    Ha! I know, I know...one of these weeks when I haven't dropped a bunch of $ on gear! Just a lighthearted observation!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH w/ 2Q 3-zipper mod
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3, HR on top
    Suspension
    WhoOpiesling!
    Images
    Messing with my hammock gear that becomes my son's hammock gear so I have to learn about then aquire new hammock gear. I now have two BMBH's with complete quilt sets . . . .we are hanging this weekend! I recently dropped several pounds from my basic kit weight by watching some videos of what others pack for a trip.

Bark River knives . . .12 at last count.

Custom titanium bicycles made by Seven in Boston. I have both a road bike and a cyclocross bike, each totally custom with all the best components. I have ridden nearly 3,000 miles in 2010 while training for and completing two different Century rides. I used to weigh 190+ , I'm now at 167. My cholesterol was over 320, now 128 with a little pharmaceutical help.

I had to get my other son a road bike so we could spend more time together. He really likes it and we have a lot of fun riding.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Because my wife is in charge of finances (I earn it; she tells me how to spend it), I can't run out and make crazy purchases without reprimand, repercussions, and reprisal--terrifying, terrifying reprisals. Of course, she has singlehandedly kept our rather large, rather under-financed family out of the red, so I suppose I shouldn't be complaining... but still...

Nope, it's the vast amount of time I spend cruising the forum that gets me in trouble (have to keep telling myself "moderation... moderation... moderation" (easier said than done)). Other passions include getting out on occasion and playing ball (basketball, football, tennis, soccer, softball, even rugby when there was enough interest to do it--just as long as it's got a ball I'm interested (golf, for me, doesn't count)). Woodworking is another one (just got a planer for my birthday ). I LOVE TOOLS. I think this is why I enjoy hammocking so darned much--gear is just tools... outdoor tools. Above all, I love just learning how to do new things (always costly). And with that in mind, I've got to say thanks to all who have posted on this forum--so many cool ideas, so much cool gear to learn about, and so many cool future projects. You all are awesome .
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    The other day my girlfriend said for the past year all I've talked about is backpacking. Which has specifcally turned into hammocking. I'm am still very new to both backpacking and hammock camping and completely obsessed with these. I know very little compared to 99% of this forum so it feels like I'm not as obsessed as other percieve. With a new daughter I haven't had a lot to put into hammocking but every free dime I dedicate to it. My girlfriend and others can't see why I would want the how maccat, war bonnet, zpacks cuben and so on line of tarp on top of feeling the need to have a blackbird, travelor, nano 7, bmb when I already have 3 expeditions and a grand trunk ul. I guess its just the desire to have the lightest set up, the most comfortable, etc for every different situation.

Like many others it seems to just be a means to an end. Always enjoyed the outdoors and just recently I've found a way to experience it.

Other than this I'm obsessed with tattooing, tattoo history, tatto flash, and water color painting.

Hammock
    WB Traveller or my DIY gathered-end
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10
    Insulation
    Pads, usually
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Dutchgear
    Music.
    Guitars ain't as expensive as cars, and I can keep a wall fullof 'em in the family room. I've bought, sold and traded so many over the years I've lost count. $$$$$, but still cheaper than cars, lung cancer or cirrhosis.

I've only owned three amps in my life though...... With the quality of Line6 gear, maybe I should start me a new passion!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    For me it seems as though every year I have a new passion to devote myself to. Sometimes more often than that even. That does not mean that I forget about the passions "hobbies" I've had in the past, it's more like I just keep adding on.

I began playing saxophone at the age of 10 (mind you, I am 26 now), and played seriously straight through high school. Definitely an expensive hobby, since it cost me $4000 to buy myself the sax that I wanted when I was in high school still. More than a LOT of money at that time!!! I still manage to pick it up from time to time nowadays. Tough to practice in an apartment (neighbors don't like it too much). I do plan to seriously take it back up some day.

I became a certified diver at the age of 12. I fortunately worked in a dive shop in high school and got some great discounts, but still spent at least a couple thousand dollars on the gear. Got certified as a divemaster at 18, and I work on some dive boats here and there for tips to try and recoup some of the losses.

I began working semi-professionally as a magician at birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, and the like when I was 16. All those books to learn from, and the tricks end up adding up after a while. I don't work as a magician any more, but is an easy way to break the ice with the ladies some times (as corny as that may sound).

In college, I decided to go to bartending school to try and get a job to help pay some bills. This then turned into an interest in Flair Bartending, which cost money to buy the practice bottles, and some training dvd's, and other things of that sort. Not to mention having to pay to replace any of the things I broke trying to juggle these bottles around the house.

I did a little bit of wakeboarding in high school which, after graduating college a couple of years ago, turned into an interest in Kiteboarding. This is certainly an expensive sport considering that typically the kite alone will run you upwards of a thousand dollars.

Now there is, of course, backpacking and hanging! 'Nuff said on that one.

This really is just a few of my interests, I have quite a few other minor interests including:

Playing the didgeridoo.
    Playing the harmonica.
    Slacklining.
    Getting into editing videos. (I will inevitably need to buy some nice cameras and other equipment).
    I like owning guns, and working on them.
    I love any type of bladed device.
    One of the biggest cost in my life would be the fact that I love to travel, and want to see everything and go everywhere. Unfortunately, I can't afford much traveling these days because of all the gear that I buy.

There are plenty of other things I just can't think of right now. It seems like my interests, and my equipment is only limited by my lack of funds. (I think I may have a problem). It seems as though I really need to win the lottery (which I really don't even play) or start my own company, so that my options can be limitless, and believe me, my choices will be endless. On top of seeing everything, and going everywhere, I want to DO EVERYTHING!!!

Sorry for such a long post. Just had to get that all out. It seems like nobody I know understands my love of EVERYTHING.

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by cfisch9 View Post
    Just had to get that all out. It seems like nobody I know understands my love of EVERYTHING.
    I understand and,
    I call it fulfilling dreams

I am 50++++ and likely have 50+ jobs

Well . . . maybe not 50 . . . but you know lots . . .

because of my love of EVERYTHING
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY 4-Season, HG
    Insulation
    DIY UQ Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings/WBB
    Images
    Here it is and was QRP (low power ham radio--and building gear.) My wife loves the passions I pursue. When the sewing machine came out and some new phernalia came into our living space, she asked me what I was into now--rather I beat her to the punch.
    And yeah, it all depends on the scene at home. Ten years ago, no. Today, yes.
    After a yard hang she hopped in and said, "Hey, this is cozy. I can see how this could really catch a person. I'd go hammock camping with you." What a thrill that was!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast